Hacking Can't connect NNID after upgrading from menuhax to Luma

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey friends,

I upgraded my girfriend's 3DS from menuhax to Luma yesterday, and she wants to update Animal Crossing on it (it's the only game she plays).

I went into freeshop to update the game, and received an error (invalid titlekey, if I remember correctly).

When trying to do anything online (updating a game, going to NNID, etc.), we receive an error (022-2634). Googling around led me to people saying that this is an issue with the NNID being tied to the EmuNAND rather than the SYSNAND.

Long story short, I'm just trying to update Animal Crossing for her so that she can visit her sister's house in-game, but online functionality doesn't seem to be working (and that NNID isn't banned).
What's the best way to do that? And can I just let her make her own NNID and give it to that console?

I'm super out of the loop in the 3DS world, so I'm not well versed in any of this. I've never played much of any Nintendo Online, so this has never been an issue for me until now.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
press the select button at boot and select autoboot emuNand,this will get you in the emundand since you most likely have one,now download animal crossing and update it.

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work. It still tells me I have an invalid TitleKey when I attempt to install it via Freeshop.

How can I ensure she can go online once we have the update installed?

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that still require contacting Nintendo? I ignorantly assumed when I upgraded from menuhax that bringing my emuNAND over to the sysNAND would include moving over the NNID.

I followed 3ds.hacks.guide for this, and that includes moving over my emuNAND.

Last edited by appleburger,

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ahh, that second link did the trick!

So, I tried installing the .cia file for updating the game before, like another user suggested (I posted this in the wrong section initially) and now her save file isn't being read, lol. So all that's left is to recover this save file. I see some lengthy processes for managing lost saves, but considering I just installed a diff. CIA file and the original was downloaded from Freeshop, is there a simple fix for this? Can I just reinstall the Freeshop version we had to recover her save file?

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, that second link did the trick!

So, I tried installing the .cia file for updating the game before, like another user suggested (I posted this in the wrong section initially) and now her save file isn't being read, lol. So all that's left is to recover this save file. I see some lengthy processes for managing lost saves, but considering I just installed a diff. CIA file and the original was downloaded from Freeshop, is there a simple fix for this? Can I just reinstall the Freeshop version we had to recover her save file?

Glad you fix it, you can reinstall game via cia format you find online, now a day it is best to stay away from Freeshop and anything that has to do with tickets, the way the network install manager in 11.8 is, it detects if you have a fake ticket it will send it to Nintendo and you can get ban that way. Install game via freeshop via sleep mode involve ticket I believe, that what is pass around as what not to do. If you did make decrypted save backup you can just download the game, initialize the game, and then restore the save.

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you fix it, you can reinstall game via cia format you find online, now a day it is best to stay away from Freeshop and anything that has to do with tickets, the way the network install manager in 11.8 is, it detects if you have a fake ticket it will send it to Nintendo and you can get ban that way. Install game via freeshop via sleep mode involve ticket I believe, that what is pass around as what not to do. If you did make decrypted save backup you can just download the game, initialize the game, and then restore the save.

Yeah thanks, that's a big relief.

As for the save, her current save is from the Freeshop CIA. I reinstalled the game using FBI, with a CIA I found online. That online CIA isn't reading her save. I have a full backup of everything from when I upgraded to Luma, so do I need to recover her save from that backup? I'm not sure the best way to go about that.

Really appreciate the help, btw. That reddit link was far easier than the first one (which is the link I came across when I originally searched this.)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks, that's a big relief.

As for the save, her current save is from the Freeshop CIA. I reinstalled the game using FBI, with a CIA I found online. That online CIA isn't reading her save. I have a full backup of everything from when I upgraded to Luma, so do I need to recover her save from that backup? I'm not sure the best way to go about that.

Really appreciate the help, btw. That reddit link was far easier than the first one (which is the link I came across when I originally searched this.)

Normally games save are region free, you can inject the save from a Japanse version game in to a North American game and it work fine, just that you have to start up the game first one time before you attempt to restore the save, Is your save decrypted with like save decrypting tool JKSM or Checkpoint?

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally games save are region free, you can inject the save from a Japanse version game in to a North American game and it work fine, just that you have to start up the game first one time before you attempt to restore the save, Is your save decrypted with like save decrypting tool JKSM or Checkpoint?

Oh, I didn't use a tool to backup the save. All I did was move the contents of the SD card when I upgraded to menuhax.
Does that mean this .CIA install overwrote her save? That would be heartbreaking...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't use a tool to backup the save. All I did was move the contents of the SD card when I upgraded to menuhax.
Does that mean this .CIA install overwrote her save? That would be heartbreaking...

Did you move the nand from Emunand to sysnand ? it should have everything intact if you done it correctly?

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you move the nand from Emunand to sysnand ? it should have everything intact if you done it correctly?

I did. That's what's weird. I followed the instructions on that guide, and it was all pretty straightforward, so I know I didn't miss a step or anything.

I'm still getting a titlekey error when I try to update this game, and the CIA file I found online wasn't actually updated like it claimed, so I guess I'll look for another one. I'm still not sure how to get her save file moved, though.

Should I be able to inject the save with a save file manager? Installing new CIAs doesn't override original saves, right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. That's what's weird. I followed the instructions on that guide, and it was all pretty straightforward, so I know I didn't miss a step or anything.

I'm still getting a titlekey error when I try to update this game, and the CIA file I found online wasn't actually updated like it claimed, so I guess I'll look for another one. I'm still not sure how to get her save file moved, though.

Should I be able to inject the save with a save file manager? Installing new CIAs doesn't override original saves, right?

If you still have access to Emunand partion, install JKSM on it and make a decrypt game save backup and then restore it on the Sysnand.

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still have access to Emunand partion, install JKSM on it and make a decrypt game save backup and then restore it on the Sysnand.

I thought when I followed the guide, that I moved my emuNAND over to sysNAND. Is that not the case? When I select "autoboot into emuNAND" option, and reboot the console, it goes to the same theme, tokens, etc. Looks to me like it's still the sysNAND and I no longer have access to an emuNAND.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought when I followed the guide, that I moved my emuNAND over to sysNAND. Is that not the case? When I select "autoboot into emuNAND" option, and reboot the console, it goes to the same theme, tokens, etc. Looks to me like it's still the sysNAND and I no longer have access to an emuNAND.

I hope I'm wrong.

Im sorry it looks like Emunand is gone.

appleburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, where do I go from here? Is her save gone? I still have my emuNAND backup on my PC, I just don't have any access on my new Luma setup, it seems.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, where do I go from here? Is her save gone? I still have my emuNAND backup on my PC, I just don't have any access on my new Luma setup, it seems.

If you can't access it , then you don't have a way to decrypt the save, save are encrypted by default, does she want someone else save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.