Homebrew Can't compile hblauncher_loader-1.0

tobiobito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the log when I try to run the make file.

c:\devkitPro\hbl>make
hblauncher_loader.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /c/devkitPro/hbl/build/hblauncher_loader.d -g -Wall -O2 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -I/c/devkitPro/hbl/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/include -I/c/devkitPro/hbl/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -DVERSION=\"v1.0\" -c /c/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c -o hblauncher_loader.o
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c: In function 'gxlowcmd_4':
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:29:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GX_SetTextureCopy' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
GX_SetTextureCopy(NULL, inadr, width0 | (height0<<16), outadr, width1 | (height1<<16), size, flags);
^
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c: In function 'gsp_flushdcache':
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:34:37: warning: passing argument 2 of 'GSPGPU_FlushDataCache' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
return GSPGPU_FlushDataCache(NULL, adr, size);
^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/gfx.h:11:0,
from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:20,
from c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:7:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/gspgpu.h:171:8: note: expected 'u32 {aka long unsigned int}' but argument is of type 'u8 * {aka unsigned char *}'
Result GSPGPU_FlushDataCache(const void* adr, u32 size);
^
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:34:9: error: too many arguments to function 'GSPGPU_FlushDataCache'
return GSPGPU_FlushDataCache(NULL, adr, size);
^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/gfx.h:11:0,
from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:20,
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/gspgpu.h:171:8: note: declared here
Result GSPGPU_FlushDataCache(const void* adr, u32 size);
^
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c: In function 'load_hblauncher':
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:218:8: warning: implicit declaration of function 'initCfgu' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
ret = initCfgu();
^
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:236:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'exitCfgu' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
exitCfgu();
^
c:/devkitPro/hbl/source/hblauncher_loader.c:238:2: error: too many arguments to function 'APT_CheckNew3DS'
APT_CheckNew3DS(NULL, &new3dsflag);
^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:31:0,
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/apt.h:388:8: note: declared here
Result APT_CheckNew3DS(u8 *out);
^
make[1]: *** [hblauncher_loader.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Any idea on how to fix it?

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader

Just press "Download ZIP" and it will download the latest version to compile. Keep in mind you also need two more applications to be in the folder, makerom and bannertool, and this file renamed as "hblauncher_loader_logo-padded.lz11" in the Resources folder.

https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-logobuilder/raw/master/prebuilt_homebrew_logo-padded.lz11

You can get makerom from here:

https://github.com/d0k3/3DS-Tools-Collection

There was a compiled version of bannertool somewhere, i'll post it here when I find it.

tobiobito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader

Just press "Download ZIP" and it will download the latest version to compile. Keep in mind you also need two more applications to be in the folder, makerom and bannertool, and this file renamed as "hblauncher_loader_logo-padded.lz11" in the Resources folder.

https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-logobuilder/raw/master/prebuilt_homebrew_logo-padded.lz11

You can get makerom from here:

https://github.com/d0k3/3DS-Tools-Collection

There was a compiled version of bannertool somewhere, i'll post it here when I find it.

I have all that already. I get the errors when I am doing the make cmd still.

tobiobito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you're not using the latest version, it was updated yesterday to fix these bugs specifically... are you using the latest ctrulib as well?
Wow I am dumb I literally just downloaded the older version of hblauncher. Thanks for the help :) Happen to know where I put the bannertool.exe

tobiobito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you'll have to change a couple lines in the makefile. Where it says @makerom and @bannertool, change it to ../makerom.exe and ../bannertool.exe.
../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn : $(APP_ICON)
@bannertool makesmdh -i "$(APP_ICON)" -o "$@" -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_TITLE)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)"

../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr : ../banner.png
@bannertool makebanner -i "$<" -ca ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.cwav -o "$@"

$(OUTPUT).cia : $(OUTPUT).elf ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr
@makerom -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.rsf -icon ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn -banner ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr

so where am I suppose to put it?

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@bannertool makesmdh -i "$(APP_ICON)" -o "$@" -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_TITLE)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)"

@bannertool makebanner -i "$<" -ca ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.cwav -o "$@"

$(OUTPUT).cia : $(OUTPUT).elf ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr
@makerom -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.rsf -icon ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn -banner ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr

so where am I suppose to put it?

Change it to:

Code:
../bannertool.exe makesmdh -i "$(APP_ICON)" -o "$@" -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_TITLE)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)"

../bannertool.exe makebanner -i "$<" -ca ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.cwav -o "$@"

../makerom.exe -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.rsf -icon ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn -banner ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr

Make sure you have bannertool and makerom in the same folder where the makefile is.

tobiobito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change it to:

Code:
../bannertool.exe makesmdh -i "$(APP_ICON)" -o "$@" -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_TITLE)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)"

../bannertool.exe makebanner -i "$<" -ca ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.cwav -o "$@"

../makerom.exe -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.rsf -icon ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn -banner ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr

Make sure you have bannertool and makerom in the same folder where the makefile is.
Great! I was able to get it to compile. I did have to a tab before the ../ due to makefile formats though. Thanks for the help! :D

Reactions: Substance12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2