cant compile any of my 3ds backups for gateway.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by xdarkmario, Oct 28, 2015.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    for the longest i have been trying to make romhacks for 3ds but i never could. every rom i tried to make just shows up in gateway rom menu but when i select it all it does it says is "there is nothing inserted into the game card slot" also if i try to select then open bigbluemenu and it dose say crt card but clicking it results in a sd card removed error

here's the steps i take.
    • dump my cart to the micro sd on my N3ds using gateway menu.
    • put sd con pc and generate a ncchinfo.bin using 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3
    • put the ncchinfo.bin on root of sd card and put sd back on n3ds
    • launch up rxrools and go to decrypt menu and hit generate xorpads, then it says done
    • then i take those xorpads and put them on the computer and open 3ds tom tools GUI and go to Xorpad options
    • i browse for the exefs norm xorpad ans select it, same with exeheader xorpad (rxtools does not output a romfs or exefs xropad)
    • then i go to the rom options and hit the extract options then the unpack options (Showes no errors and completes)
    • then i go to the unpacked folder and replace files and make edits.
    • then i open a app called 3ds builder and browse for the folders it ask for and then choose a save location, and put the serial. (choosing media card 1 or 2 makes no difference)
    • then it makes the .3ds file.
    my guess is its that 3ds builder app? im not sure

edit: Fixed! this time i selected use pre-built exefs option and it worked! i have my edited smash bros working!

Last edited by xdarkmario, Oct 28, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice