Can't change any Wii Settings or Miis

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pnut, Apr 14, 2008.

1. pnut
    OP

pnut GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    Hello,

I recently modded a D2B Wii with Wiikey. It already had 3.2U and I updated the Wiikey to 1.9S. I had no problems at all using the Wii settings menu to change WiiConnect24's standby to off. Recently reconnected the Wii and even though I can get to the games fine and play them, I go into the Wii Settings and cannot even select Data Management nor Options. They don't highlight when I hover over them nor make a sound.

In the Mii Channel, it shows the Miis but again, no buttons show up so there is no way to modify or create a new Mii.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

2. tredes

tredes GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2008
    maybe u semi bricked ur wii?? if u updated with a game from a different region u may have semi bricked. This means u cant access the settings. Everything else should work fine...

3. pnut
    OP

pnut GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    I haven't used anything from any other region. The only game that was used was SSBB.

4. jonas7611

jonas7611 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2008
    Sweden

Sound like you Semi bricked the wii for sure.
    No worries though, there are programs that unbricks the wii, or you could just update the wii from a new game from your own region and that should fix it too.
    Good luck // jonas7611

5. Palmtree

Palmtree Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2007
    Canada
    New Waterford, NS
    Never mind... Didn't read the whole thread :S