Hardware Can't change any Wii Settings or Miis

pnut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I recently modded a D2B Wii with Wiikey. It already had 3.2U and I updated the Wiikey to 1.9S. I had no problems at all using the Wii settings menu to change WiiConnect24's standby to off. Recently reconnected the Wii and even though I can get to the games fine and play them, I go into the Wii Settings and cannot even select Data Management nor Options. They don't highlight when I hover over them nor make a sound.

In the Mii Channel, it shows the Miis but again, no buttons show up so there is no way to modify or create a new Mii.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe u semi bricked ur wii?? if u updated with a game from a different region u may have semi bricked. This means u cant access the settings. Everything else should work fine...

pnut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tredes said:
maybe u semi bricked ur wii?? if u updated with a game from a different region u may have semi bricked. This means u cant access the settings. Everything else should work fine...
I haven't used anything from any other region. The only game that was used was SSBB.

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pnut said:
Hello,

I recently modded a D2B Wii with Wiikey. It already had 3.2U and I updated the Wiikey to 1.9S. I had no problems at all using the Wii settings menu to change WiiConnect24's standby to off. Recently reconnected the Wii and even though I can get to the games fine and play them, I go into the Wii Settings and cannot even select Data Management nor Options. They don't highlight when I hover over them nor make a sound.

In the Mii Channel, it shows the Miis but again, no buttons show up so there is no way to modify or create a new Mii.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Sound like you Semi bricked the wii for sure.
No worries though, there are programs that unbricks the wii, or you could just update the wii from a new game from your own region and that should fix it too.
Good luck // jonas7611

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: about to learn a horse with no name on guitar