Can't change any Wii Settings or Miis

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pnut, Apr 14, 2008.

Apr 14, 2008
  1. pnut
    OP

Member pnut GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello,

I recently modded a D2B Wii with Wiikey. It already had 3.2U and I updated the Wiikey to 1.9S. I had no problems at all using the Wii settings menu to change WiiConnect24's standby to off. Recently reconnected the Wii and even though I can get to the games fine and play them, I go into the Wii Settings and cannot even select Data Management nor Options. They don't highlight when I hover over them nor make a sound.

In the Mii Channel, it shows the Miis but again, no buttons show up so there is no way to modify or create a new Mii.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

2. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    maybe u semi bricked ur wii?? if u updated with a game from a different region u may have semi bricked. This means u cant access the settings. Everything else should work fine...

3. pnut
    OP

Member pnut GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't used anything from any other region. The only game that was used was SSBB.

4. jonas7611

Newcomer jonas7611 Member

Sweden

Sound like you Semi bricked the wii for sure.
    No worries though, there are programs that unbricks the wii, or you could just update the wii from a new game from your own region and that should fix it too.
    Good luck // jonas7611

5. Palmtree

Newcomer Palmtree Member

Canada
    Never mind... Didn't read the whole thread :S