Hacking Can't burn fully functional DVD...

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've made at least 10 coasters by now. My little brother is turning them into Ninja throwing stars...

I can't seem to burn a recognizable game to my Wii.

Mario Kart - (Burned 3 times. 2x, 4x, 8x.) (4 and 8 failed to burn for no apparent reason. 2x worked, but the game only loads sometimes.)

Animal Crossing - (Burned at 4x. Failed. Had to use friend's laptop burner, worked fine.)

Tenkaichi 3 - (Burned 4, 8, and 16. All failed. 4 was readable until a fight started, then it would freeze.)

Metroid Prime 3 - (Burned at 2x. Sometimes freezes on the Menus. If menus work, you can play for a little while, then freezes randomly.)

FF: Chocobo's Dungeon
- (Burned at 4x. Works, but freezes on all movies.)

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - (Hardly works. One time it loaded, I got past level 1, then it froze for no reason.)

That Capcom Vs Something or Other Game - (50/50 chance of working. I don't like this game one bit, so I don't particularly care, Lol.)

I finally got smart and figured out how to update my DVD burner's firmware. It is supposed to be capable of burning 16x from the start, but I've never been able to do it. Anyway, I updated the firmware yesterday and burned my first game just now.

In the past, I had problems where the Buffer levels would just slowly decrease and the burn would fail. Sometimes it would fluctuate between 99% and 69%. All games that did this would fail.

With the new firmware update, (Running Nero and IMGburn. I think Nero might work slightly better...), I was able to burn an 8x DVD for the first time ever without it failing. Buffer levels got around 89% halfway through.

Excite Truck (Burned at 8x, seemingly with no errors. FAILED. Wii won't even read this one.)

I'm using Verbatim DVD-Rs.

I even have a separate windows account where I have it set to run on Performance mode. Saves me at least 100mb RAM, so I use that to burn. Same results.

I don't get what the problem could be. Does my burner just suck? All of the games I've burned with my friend's laptop work fine...

D

Deleted User

IMGBurn is the best burning software.

If you just couldnt do it, I guess your burner just suck. Either that, or somethind's up with the Wii DVD Drive.

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
IMGBurn is the best burning software.

If you just couldnt do it, I guess your burner just suck. Either that, or somethind's up with the Wii DVD Drive.

I haven't had too much luck with IMGburn. I get the most buffer level fluctuations with it...

I guess my burner is just awful, then? Man.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Buffer level fluctuations? That doesn't sound....good....

Most likely your burner sucks. Verbatim DVD-R works fine for me using imgburn at 2x

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Melee54 said:
All of the games I've burned with my friend's laptop work fine...

If you are using the same disks on your friends laptop then yes, your burner is fuct. What brand is it? If it is a desktop PC then you can buy a new one for a relatively cheap price, $25-$50 dollars depending on where you live. They are installed very easily, it's just connected by two cables, one power cable and one IDE or SATA cable. I've always used LG burners and have never had any issues with them.

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
Melee54 said:
All of the games I've burned with my friend's laptop work fine...

If you are using the same disks on your friends laptop then yes, your burner is fuct. What brand is it? If it is a desktop PC then you can buy a new one for a relatively cheap price, $25-$50 dollars depending on where you live. They are installed very easily, it's just connected by two cables, one power cable and one IDE or SATA cable. I've always used LG burners and have never had any issues with them.

The brand is Dynex, which I think is a rebranded LG or something... My mother picked it up while I was in school about 5 years ago, so I didn't have any say in the brand, as I didn't know she was going out to buy one. Meh... I guess I'll just use my friend's laptop for now. I'll save up for a new PC since mine is rather old anyway. No use in loading it with new hardware...

Thanks for the help.

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped using imgburn when it started constantly giving me logical errors. Nero works 100 percent of the time for me with no coasters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool