Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It’s me again

Since 2 months I have problems burning Forza Motorsport 4 onto a Matshita DVD+R 8,5GB DL , first because the software was broken , but now for no reason .
As I burned it yesterday , the buffer fell below 10% and kept doing it , so the DVD was useless . I use writing speed 2,4x , because I’ve heard it’s the safest .
So the Software is fine , but I keep doing something wrong , yesterday it showed me this error message :
7F18F833-4792-4C87-8E1B-0453BFEE52F0.jpeg
My Laptop is a slimline , but I’ve burnt dozens of DVD’s without issues .
The option “OPC” is turned off because I heard it’s crap .

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

It’s me again

Since 2 months I have problems burning Forza Motorsport 4 onto a Matshita DVD+R 8,5GB DL , first because the software was broken , but now for no reason .
As I burned it yesterday , the buffer fell below 10% and kept doing it , so the DVD was useless . I use writing speed 2,4x , because I’ve heard it’s the safest .
So the Software is fine , but I keep doing something wrong , yesterday it showed me this error message :
View attachment 218166
My Laptop is a slimline , but I’ve burnt dozens of DVD’s without issues .
The option “OPC” is turned off because I heard it’s crap .

It maybe can be the Layer Change on the Burning Process.
Please check and try to disable/uncheck the Option "Perform OPC Before Write"
(Settings - Write - Page 1)

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please check and try to disable/uncheck the Option "Perform OPC Before Write"
It was unchecked already , I thought it may be due to copyright reasons .
Thanks for replying!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never heard of a copyright problem with a 360 iso or disc. not sure what the problem is, just that I've never encountered that particular issue.

Reactions: Siegesmund

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it would be cheaper to buy a copy of the game
I think I‘ll be doing this
But I want to know what’s wrong
First time , I got a buffer underrun , afterwards I burned another one and it went fine , but the DVD was empty...as I started burning on it again , I showed me 3 different errors and that the dvd is useless

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what you're supposed to do with xgd3. I think you also need a special burner for it. however, I had a jtag before xgd3 came out, so I have no experience actually burning one of those discs.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's what you're supposed to do with xgd3. I think you also need a special burner for it. however, I had a jtag before xgd3 came out, so I have no experience actually burning one of those discs.

Iirc you do need to overburn due to XGD3’s higher capacity and in my case I bought a drive specifically for it as you needed to modify the firmware, however the latter may have changed since but by this point I never looked into it, just vaguely recall seeing something.

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you do need to overburn due to XGD3’s higher capacity and in my case I bought a drive specifically for it as you needed to modify the firmware
Okey sounds quirky and I’m not gonna do this

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Overburning and truncating discs is never a good plan.
It'll lead to read failures/installation failures/boot failures and even flagged consoles/bans.

You don't have to purchase a iHAS drive, you do need a drive that is compatible with the Burner Max Payload tool.

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’ve just burned an XGD2 and it was patched but it failed AGAIN >:| saying unsupported disc
Earlier I’ve burnt Forza Horizon which was a XGD3 like it was the easiest thing to do, but now I’m continuing to get problems all around it

Last edited by Siegesmund,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp