Hacking Can't boot; power light on then off (no sounds) on N3DS on AuRei

lysergicfuneral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I had a perfectly working N3DS on AuReiNand thanks to guides on here and /r/3dshacks. I have a seemingly serious issue I haven't really seen after looking around around quite a bit.

Short version: AuReiNand working well. Now N3DSXL won't boot. Blue power light turns on then off right away (like 1 second), with no popping sounds etc.

Full version: AuReiNand installed using the Plailect guide and had it working well for a few weeks. I went to do a .3ds to .cia conversion using Decrypt9 to get the xorpads. I apparently had deleted Decrypt9 (where you hold Start to boot directly into D9) when cleaning up my SD card. Put the files back on in the Payloads folder. Boot into D9 and get my xorpads. I think I hit the wrong button to exit D9 and came to a menu with a few options. None were checked and I hit Start to save and reboot, as the screen said. (This is where I assume I screwed something up). Turned the 3Ds off, took the SD card out, .cia conversion completed on PC. Put SD card back in 3DS, and now blue power light turns off then on, nothing on screen, no flickers, no sounds. Attempting recovery mode has same result. Pulled battery, no result. With no SD card, power light stays on, nothing on screen. Re-did Section I of the AuReiNAND install guide to set SD card back up, thinking there was a critical file I lost somewhere, no result. I have all my backup NANDs.

Help?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing your SD card and blowing softly (and dryly if possible) into the SD card slot and making sure the contacts on your SD card are clean.
This (or something suspiciously similar) happened to me earlier and it was just a poor connection to the card to blame.

Decrypt9 blocks anything that writes to the NAND off with a key combo, so nothing you did there broke you.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make SURE you have all important files on your sd card. Look through the required files for the AuReiNand part of Plailect's guide and make sure they are all in their respective places named properly.

If that indeed does not help like you said, It sounds like you somehow got thrown into the ARN menu?
Try holding SELECT on boot and making sure you have all the correct settings enabled as per the guide (if you can even get into that menu)

If that doesn't work, try getting into Decrypt9 again. (Hold START like you said) If that works, you may be able to restore anything you may have messed up.

If all else fails, hardmod. :(

EDIT: Try CheatFreak47's method first. Some cards are just bad cards :P

Reactions: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the battery is good pretty much full. I'm waiting to finish copying files back to my SD card and then I'll try the previous suggestions and report back.
Thanks guys.

Another thing you could try is holding select while you power on, this brings up the AuReiNAND config.
If you had nothing checked, it could be trying to boot you into a bricked emunand if you haven't gotten rid of the EmuNAND from when you downgraded to 2.1, although I find that'd be a rather unlikely scenario.

You want to check all the boxes except the "use 9.0 FIRM as default" and "use second EmuNAND as default" options.

lysergicfuneral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Blowing into SD slot and gently cleaning SD contacts had no result. I hoped it might since I have dropped the SD once or twice.
2. Holding Select had no result, light comes on then off right away. No menu, nothing on screen, no flickering, no sound.
3. Same for holding Start.

Going to copy the basics onto a spare SD card and report back.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like your Arm9LoaderHax isn't finding it's main payload on the SD card. Do you have a file on the root of the SD card called "Arm9LoaderHax.bin" still?

Even if you do have that file, download AuReiNAND from here and drop the Arm9LoaderHax.bin from that zip file on the root of the SD card.

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your SD root should look like this at bare minimum (extra files are fine):
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4566565630704d2e706e67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat