OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've been following Plailect's guide but I am stuck on Part 3.

After doing "Complete RedNAND setup" in EmuNAND9 I'm having trouble actually booting into the RedNAND. I can get into the Luma3DS config menu just fine and as per step 17 I activate "Show current NAND in System Settings". But after pressing start I end up just booting into the SysNAND. When I go into system settings it just shows regular Ver 9.2.0-20U. I have all the files in the right places but I can't actually get into Luma3DS. When I check on EmuNAND9 it claims I have the RedNAND partition and the capacity of the SD card shows its less than the original amount indicating the RedNAND partition is indeed there. I swear the guide is missing something.

Does anyone know how I can boot into Luma3DS/RedNAND? Like are there any alternative instructions or methods?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been following Plailect's guide but I am stuck on Part 3.

After doing "Complete RedNAND setup" in EmuNAND9 I'm having trouble actually booting into the RedNAND. I can get into the Luma3DS config menu just fine and as per step 17 I activate "Show current NAND in System Settings". But after pressing start I end up just booting into the SysNAND. When I go into system settings it just shows regular Ver 9.2.0-20U. I have all the files in the right places but I can't actually get into Luma3DS. When I check on EmuNAND9 it claims I have the RedNAND partition and the capacity of the SD card shows its less than the original amount indicating the RedNAND partition is indeed there. I swear the guide is missing something.

Does anyone know how I can boot into Luma3DS/RedNAND? Like are there any alternative instructions or methods?
If you followed the guide from Part 1, your system will be set to boot menuhax when you hold D-pad down. After you press start in the Luma3DS menu it actually reboots your 3DS, so you won't be in Luma3DS unless you hold the button to get back into HBL and launch Luma3DS again. If you were actually in Luma3DS it would say "Sys" or "SysE" instead of "Ver."

Reactions: Xgen001

theBerg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you followed the guide from Part 1, your system will be set to boot menuhax when you hold D-pad down. After you press start in the Luma3DS menu it actually reboots your 3DS, so you won't be in Luma3DS unless you hold the button to get back into HBL and launch Luma3DS again. If you were actually in Luma3DS it would say "Sys" or "SysE" instead of "Ver."

Hi, I have the same problem. I followed this step but when I try to go back to the 3ds home menu without rebooting (by pressing Start and then X) it crashes ("An error occured.
Save the software data, etc.") and so when I go back to the 3ds menu I'm not in Luma anymore.. (confirmed by the Ver. 9.2.0-20E in System settings)

If instead I open Luma3ds again, then I don't know how to get back to the 3ds home menu without rebooting (and therefore losing Luma).

Any help?

Last edited by theBerg,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I have the same problem. I followed this step but when I try to go back to the 3ds home menu without rebooting (by pressing Start and then X) it crashes ("An error occured.
Save the software data, etc.") and so when I go back to the 3ds menu I'm not in Luma anymore.. (confirmed by the Ver. 9.2.0-20E in System settings)

If instead I open Luma3ds again, then I don't know how to get back to the 3ds home menu without rebooting (and therefore losing Luma).

Any help?
Are you trying to follow the guide?

theBerg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you trying to follow the guide?

Yes, I'm sorry, I fixed the problem. Basically I assumed that I always needed to hold down select when opening Luma3ds so I was always going back to the Settings page. Now I managed to make it work by pressing select only on the first time. Thanks!

kitkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found out the problem with my case, I had the same problem as the commenters above. My microsd card was an overseas brand from China, using the default microsd my n3DS came with fixed the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I can't figure out how to run a game on mig switch oh well