Can't boot in custom firmware anymore.

SwitchU64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its an OLED Switch. I have two sd cards, one I migrated to atmosphere, the other and far larger one I kept with SX Os and all my old games and I setup auto rcm in both. In the first case I use SX OS dongle to boot to SX menu and then run the atmosphere payload which is at higher firmware emunand.

Once somehow the software stopped working with the first one, I was unable to reenter the atmosphere or SX os boot menu with either sd card. I didn't disable RCM in any of the options.

I try holding power button or power button + volume but it immediately boots on normal firmware and there is no success whatsoever in entering anything else.

For the first time now after this problem I set up tegra rcm and connected it selecting Fusee and it says that it doesn't recognize my switch as an RCM device. And yes I installed the driver in the program. My SX dongle was also charged.

Should I use the jig that was used to "unlock" hack the switch again? I haven't for years but I don't want to do damage... Seems to be the only next option.

Last edited by SwitchU64,

SwitchU64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used the jig and was able to enter custom firmware again and even tegra rcm worked. Unfortunately my SX os micro sd doesn't enter SXos, so I would try to migrate to atmosphere there.

You don't just lose autoRCM

I did. I never selected to disable AutoRCM.

Last edited by SwitchU64,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the jig and was able to enter custom firmware again and even tegra rcm worked. Unfortunately my SX os micro sd doesn't enter SXos, so I would try to migrate to atmosphere there.

I did. I never selected to disable AutoRCM.
If you upgrade firmware it will overwrite the “bug“ that causes the boot to fail. That’s what AutoRCM is…just an artificial bug to cause an intentional boot failure.

SwitchU64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you updated your system version without using something like Daybreak, that would have removed AutoRCM.
This must be it, but I accidentally updated it while using atmosphere (giving me the message to update before you start a game, and I selected not to, except once) some time ago. Maybe it is because I didn't change micro sd until recently, but then why did it enter SX os successfully and then it stopped working?

Meanwhile now I migrated my larger micro sd systemnand from SX OS to atmosphere. I can no longer use the dongle on it, and have to rely on USB to start, but games work well after following the guide.

So it is fixed for now.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This must be it, but I accidentally updated it while using atmosphere (giving me the message to update before you start a game, and I selected not to, except once) some time ago. Maybe it is because I didn't change micro sd until recently, but then why did it enter SX os successfully and then it stopped working?
we’ll probably never know. At least you’re fixed!
Meanwhile now I migrated my larger micro sd systemnand from SX OS to atmosphere. I can no longer use the dongle on it, and have to rely on USB to start, but games work well after following the guide.
The end of this guide will fix your dongle (well..it fixes your switch so your dongle will boot Hekate/Atmosphere).

https://rentry.org/mys8q

specifically the part about SX Loader which is a chain loader that will boot whatever you put in the boot.ini. I typically leave boot.ini alone and rename whatever I want to boot (Hekate) to payload.bin.

So it is fixed for now.
Bottom Line. Feels good.

Reactions: SwitchU64

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If you updated your system version without using something like Daybreak, that would have removed AutoRCM.
Its not entirely true. Since pretty long ago you can safely update within atmosphere using built-in nintendo updater from settings, this way it won't remove autorcm too.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not entirely true. Since pretty long ago you can safely update within atmosphere using built-in nintendo updater from settings, this way it won't remove autorcm too.
Yes, your suggestion absolutely fits under the “something like” clause. I think the general gist was that if you use Daybreak to update FW it will keep your AutoRCM in place rather than asserting something like “if you don’t use Daybreak you will lose AutoRCM!11!!!1!!”

Xerokard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I've updated my fw and prodkeys to 14.1.2 in Yuzu, but it still gives me a missing keys message when I boot it. It won't even show up in the games list. I thought I read that titlekeys weren't needed anymore. What do I need to make XC3 show up and boot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on