Can't boot homebrew launcher from sysnand 2.1

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cornejo, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Cornejo
    OP

Cornejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    United States
    Please I need help, I have been following the guide, downgraded to 2.1 successfully.
    now I can't boot into Homebrew launcher, or I can't figure out how.
    I have an o3ds. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    2.1 doesn't support HBL.

EDIT: Or, more accurately, the HBL doesn't support 2.1. Whatever.

Naked_Snake likes this.
  3. Tephie

Tephie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Brazil
    Last edited by Tephie, Jun 28, 2016
  4. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    DaFUQ? NO do not listen to this wild crazy shit OP. Tephi I mean this with no disrespect but you should stop giving people advice on this stuff you really have a poor understanding of current methods.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Please PM me directly if you are still stuck.

Last edited by EmperorOfCanada, Jun 28, 2016
    MajinCubyan and Cornejo like this.
  5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Using the guide you shouldn't be trying to boot HBL. The guide very clearly states to launch safea9lhinstaller from the browser using a special URL, and then from there you restore a NAND backup of before downgrading (guide says to use emuNAND_original.bin) using an arm9 payload like Hourglass9.

EmperorOfCanada and MajinCubyan like this.
  6. Cornejo
    OP

Cornejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    United States

So, I'm stuck as all hell, I swear I downgraded the rednand to 2.1, it seems like I did it to the Sysnand possibly. Not sure, I'm stuck were it tells you to go back to Sysnand and start Hbl and go to otphelper.

Last edited by Cornejo, Jun 28, 2016
  7. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Are you able to boot into sysNAND? If so you can check your version from the system settings.
    If you didn't downgrade sysNAND, could you please tell what entry points you are trying to use, and what exactly happens and how it fails.

8. Cornejo
    OP

Cornejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    United States
    I boot up, check settings, I'm on 2.1. Looks like I downgraded the Sysnand. Is there an easy way to go back, I saved all the nand, and emunand backups. No hard mod though.

9. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    are you using a really old outdated guide or something?

Link the guide, tell me what part-section-step you are on

10. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    At this point if you can boot into sysNAND properly you can simply skip the rest of part 4 and continue to part 5 - arm9loaderhax.
    The OTPHelper is meant to help you transfer a downgraded emuNAND/redNAND to your sysNAND. If you already have a successfully downgraded sysNAND you should be able to safely skip that and continue to part 5.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake, Jun 28, 2016
  11. Cornejo
    OP

Cornejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    United States
    Plailect guide,

1. Reboot into SysNAND, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
    2. Open OTPHelper
    3. Select "One Click Setup" and confirm (you do not need to do an extra backup if asked, but you should make sure that you have copied the backup you made earlier to your computer as you will need it later). This can take a while.
      (If this fails or gives you an error do NOT continue or you may BRICK; you should follow this troubleshooting guide)
    4. Cross your fingers
    5. Reboot

12. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    ^This guy gets it

MajinCubyan likes this.
  13. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    The issue is it seems you accidentally downgraded sysNAND. Just as a final check make sure you are booted into sysNAND and verify you are on 2.1. The upper part of the lower screen should look a bit different from the newer firmwares. If you did manage to downgrade sysNAND on accident, then you should be happy it successfully downgraded. As stated above, that section is only designed to move a successfully downgraded emuNAND to sysNAND. Because you already have a downgraded sysNAND you should be able to continue to part 5.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  14. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    He did say he checked, so yeah you could be right. if he downgraded straight to 2.1 h must be on an old 3ds? else he would have bricked? Anyways extremely lucky it worked out ok for him!

15. Cornejo
    OP

Cornejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    United States
    Thank you all for your help, advice worked, It's all good now.

16. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    congrats

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  17. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    That's wonderful to hear. Glad we could help!

18. Tephie

Tephie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Brazil
    Ok then

Last edited by Tephie, Jun 28, 2016
  19. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    If OP is following the guide as it is written today, then your post is sort of wrong or at least referencing an older revision of the guide. The latest revision of Plailect's A9LH Guide, makes us install A9LH right from 2.1, via the browser. We don't even need to actually get our OTP.bin (We are still told to copy and keep it safe, which everyone should be doing). Your post implies we have to obtain our OTP.bin (which was true in a previous revision, as I remember that one well) - and continues to suggest we need to restore to a 9.2 backup (which was true in previous revisions, as we had to, and from there we used the OTP.bin to install A9LH). It is true we need to restore a backup, but the emunand_orginal.bin backup, should have been updated to the latest version, and using Hourglass9, we'll always keep a9llh, so flashing to a 9.2 backup is pretty unnecessary, and the emunand_original.bin should be the backup with people's original stuff as well as having been updated.

And while you sort of reference understanding that v2 A9LH can be uninstalled, you sort of just stop there, you don't mention how someone would uninstall it, if they've already installed v2 A9LH, and give pretty bad advice as to how to get to 9.2 properly.

So yeah, your advice is sort of eh and probably why EmperorOfCanada said what she said in regards to your post.

20. Tephie

Tephie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Brazil
    I give up, i said if he DOESN'T have a NAND backup he should uninstall a9lh, upgrade with a cartridge and install a9lh back
    I was reading the guide right now and i can't see where i said something wrong, i just said it with another words, that's all
    I guess it's whatever i'm done