Hacking can't boot emunand9 after a9lh

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to inject my emunand into my sysnand but im unable to load emunand9. tried several old builds that use to work for me. but now i just get a black screen and it loads back to hbl loader

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you need to load emunand9 when you have hourglass on boot?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm asking because font emunand9 and hourglass basically have the same features of backing up and injecting bands?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do you need to load emunand9 when you have hourglass on boot?

I'm asking because font emunand9 and hourglass basically have the same features of backing up and injecting bands?
To sum up:
Emunand9 permits to create an emunand, and Hourglass9 is decrypt9, but with only the possibility to dump the sysnand/emunand and inject into the emunand (so it's safe to use).
The best is decrypt9, that have awesome features!

Last edited by RealityNinja,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But op wants to inject emunand into sysnand, why can't he just use hourglass?
Emunand9, Hourglass9, decrypt9, all these homebrews need arm9 privileges, so it doesn't matter! The only thing is just the way to launch these homebrews! XD
To sum up, his question is: "How to launch a homebrews that needs arm9 with a9lh and 11.0.0 sysnand?"

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But op wants to inject emunand into sysnand, why can't he just use hourglass?
plain and simple im a noob lol. i asked people how to get my cia files i installed emu to sysnand and everyone said use emunand9 to dump emu and then use hourglass to inject it into sys

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Emunand9, Hourglass9, decrypt9, all these homebrews need arm9 privileges, so it doesn't matter! The only thing is just the way to launch these homebrews! XD
To sum up, his question is: "How to launch a homebrews that needs arm9 with a9lh and 11.0.0 sysnand?"
Why are you complicating things for him? If op wants to inject emunand to sysnand and he have a9hl installed just hold start on boot and use hourglass.

plain and simple im a noob lol. i asked people how to get my cia files i installed emu to sysnand and everyone said use emunand9 to dump emu and then use hourglass to inject it into sys

Do you have an emunand back up?
If not yore gonna have to make one by running emunand9 through luma creating a backup then injecting that backup to your sysnand through hourglass.

deadman8555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you complicating things for him? If op wants to inject emunand to sysnand and he have a9hl installed just hold start on boot and use hourglass.

Do you have an emunand back up?
If not yore gonna have to make one by running emunand9 through luma creating a backup then injecting that backup to your sysnand through hourglass.
don't think i ever made a emunand backup. but i made one by placing the payload of emunand9 into my luma folder and started on boot

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Op, just follow this guide :
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND

What? And those screenshots... https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hourglass9-noob-friendly-safe-nand-dumper-restorer.428045/

And you can read "Noob friendly, safe, arm9loaderhax only NAND dumper & restorer for the 3DS console".... :wacko:
I never used it to backup my emunand myself, I just assumed it doesn't have that feature, my bad.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.