Hacking cant atempt to marry blu-ray drive on 60gb phat ps3 model cecha01 drive not working at all......

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so i have a 60gb phat ps3 model cecha01 which i got from a local dude traded some pc items for a box of ps3's systems that he couldn't fix or no time too, and it was recently on ofw 4.82 and what happening is the blu-ray drive is not reading no disk at all games, cd's etc it does receive them and ejects them but its like dead silent when disk goes in its not even trying to read and make noises like if the laser was trying and bad. So im not sure if the blu-ray daughter board is not married to the ps3 motherboard from i been reading on the net. I say this marry thing because im not even sure this blu-ray drive and or blu-ray board is for this system originally and if the drive and or board is broken or not. How can i tell one of these?

Also after reading on the net i have to marry the blu-ray board to the ps3 i have to do it in a cfw like the redux 4.82 so then i can dump the eid root key and do the procedure to marry the drive, but after installing cfw its not allowing me to run any .pkg apps i install because it goes to a blank screen when running a .pkg that i installed such as: multiman, rebux tool box, idpset which this allows you to do a dump eid key needed to marry a drive. so i read this blank screen issue is due to the blu-ray drive not working.

So im stuck here so how can i marry this drive if its currently not working for me to run the marry steps? What you guys think is bad so i can buy what i need on ebay? So again its not even making noises like attempting to read a disk so what does that mean? Im thinking the blu-ray daughter board that's attached to the drive is messed up because its not seeing a disk go in and tell the laser to start reading it or what? Thanks

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well usually you just swap the Logic Board from Drive and put on replacement drive and all should be good that atleast has been my experience but if your assumption is correct and the Drive is not of that Machine Especially the Logic Board then things aint gonna be straight forward unfortunately. Just make sure no cables damaged.

I think others have done this without correct Logic Board you can check PS3Hax or similar I did see a thread once.

Reactions: Deleted User

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think others have done this without correct Logic Board you can check PS3Hax or similar I did see a thread once.[/QUOTE]

What you mean by this?

A question so if i buy a blu-ray logic board same model to attached to this drive do i have to marry it? again this is tough because i don't know if the current drive board and or the actual drive are bad or not.

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the Board aint of original Drive for the PS3 , then unfortunately Yes You will need to Remarry Board since the Original was Keyed to that Console I have not done that before because I think it can be a real daunting task I myself have a similar problem with my current PS3 Slim.

PS3HAX used to be a site I was a member of not sure if still going?

Last edited by CORE,

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Board aint of original Drive for the PS3 , then unfortunately Yes You will need to Remarry Board since the Original was Keyed to that Console I have not done that before because I think it can be a real daunting task I myself have a similar problem with my current PS3 Slim.

PS3HAX used to be a site I was a member of not sure if still going?

So the only thing i can do with this ps3 is was just going to say run games off an usb hdd but i don't think i can don't i need to load up mulitman app? because none of the apps .pkg's i install they wont run just goes to a blank screen and i found out its because of the non working blu-ray drive. I cant even run the app to dump the root key of the board so i can marry the drive because drive aint working lol crazy.

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I think it something to do with Firmware it damn stupid in our terms I know but Sonys little protection Layer I guess but dont give up just yet you could check out Haxnetwork , PS3Scene I think those sites may have something.

I had same issues at one point I have not used PS3 in quite awhile but I do intend to soon so I will be digging around in things so if I find out anything I will let you know just hang on to your George for now :yayps3:

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I think it something to do with Firmware it damn stupid in our terms I know but Sonys little protection Layer I guess but dont give up just yet you could check out Haxnetwork , PS3Scene I think those sites may have something.

I had same issues at one point I have not used PS3 in quite awhile but I do intend to soon so I will be digging around in things so if I find out anything I will let you know just hang on to your George for now :yayps3:

ok yeah let me know, my middle name is george lol.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also after reading on the net i have to marry the blu-ray board to the ps3 i have to do it in a cfw like the redux 4.82 so then i can dump the eid root key and do the procedure to marry the drive, but after installing cfw its not allowing me to run any .pkg apps i install because it goes to a blank screen when running a .pkg that i installed such as: multiman, rebux tool box, idpset which this allows you to do a dump eid key needed to marry a drive. so i read this blank screen issue is due to the blu-ray drive not working.

You can either remarry the drive using the old method

Or install a nobd cfw

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/firmwares

I'd personally use

Rebug 4.82.2 REX - NoBD - For use with consoles with a broken or missing Blu-Ray logic board

• MD5: 40E468A6C672D656AB659AB79B411682

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either remarry the drive using the old method

Or install a nobd cfw

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/firmwares

I'd personally use

Rebug 4.82.2 REX - NoBD - For use with consoles with a broken or missing Blu-Ray logic board

• MD5: 40E468A6C672D656AB659AB79B411682

Thanks for the info late last i found out about a cfw no bd firmware and i did install 4.83 Overflow NoBD (Standard CEX) btw is the rebug you mention better? So yeah with this no bd cfw npw the apps open up and all that so i can run games off usb drive. but i still like to fix the drive to work if possible. ill check out that video you posted.

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think some rebug versions have ways of triggering FSM mode without a dongle, as I assume you don't have one.

I used a teensy, other usb devices can run software to pretend to be an FSM dongle though.

Yeah couple days ago i did install the rebug redux whatever its called and yeah it does have fsm, marry bluray stuff in it to run but like i said in my beginning post above i couldn't run the eid dump root key app because the apps go to blank screen all apps do because of the non blu ray drive not working issue.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Yeah couple days ago i did install the rebug redux whatever its called and yeah it does have fsm, marry bluray stuff in it to run but like i said in my beginning post above i couldn't run the eid dump root key app because the apps go to blank screen all apps do because of the non blu ray drive not working issue.

Old method should work, have you tried that?

D

Deleted User

Whats the old method again?

Also so this bd it does accept and eject disks, just doesn't read i don't even hear the laser trying its dead silent so what does this tell us?

Connections to daughter board arent hooked up or daughter board pcb is dead.

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connections to daughter board arent hooked up or daughter board pcb is dead.

hmm so im wondering to get another daughter board on ebay they pretty cheap but do i have to marry it still? if so im back to same original issue where the apps wont run goes to blank screen or is it because this board is bad and with a working one it allow it stuff to run without the blank screen loading?

D

Deleted User

hmm so im wondering to get another daughter board on ebay they pretty cheap but do i have to marry it still? if so im back to same original issue where the apps wont run goes to blank screen or is it because this board is bad and with a working one it allow it stuff to run without the blank screen loading?

Toggle QA

Downgrade 3.55

Use old method and remarry daughter board / bluray drive

Go back up to 4.8xCFW

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toggle QA

Downgrade 3.55

Use old method and remarry daughter board / bluray drive

Go back up to 4.8xCFW

Im new to this so whats QA?

How do i downgrade to 3.55 and is it ofw 3.55 or cfw 3.55?

Is the old method require a fsm dongle? if so can i make my own usb fsm dongle tool if so wheres the fiels at?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4