Can't activate vita with epsp bubble installer 2.0

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Vitaminer, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Vitaminer
    OP

Vitaminer GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    So I am unactivated and trying out the epsp bubble installer 2.0, it tells me my vita is unactivated and say let's activate it, then I press X and then it reboots, as far as I know, this app somehow made me sign into the PSN network because once I open the PSN settings, it says I am signed in, now when I tried to activate it, it always tell me I need to update my system and when I click on cancel it goes back to the main settings menu, on one of the youtube guide it tells me I need to set the manual DNS to 212.47.229.76 and I did that but it doesn't work, saying DNS server cannot be used. So without using the manual DNS it tells me to update when I try to activate, and with the manual DNS when I try to activate it says the DNS server cannot be used. Please help.

Last edited by Vitaminer, Feb 10, 2017
  2. flavio

flavio Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2015
    Brazil
    acreanus
    Complicated your situation, I activated my vita without problems, you activated by ps3? Or was it by the method without using ps3?

3. Syon

Syon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Italy
    I'm guessing that homebrew already activated your vita.. Did you try running a psone/psp game to check?

4. Vitaminer
    OP

Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    I am using the non ps3 method.
    Non ps3 method

I know it isn't activated because there's no act.dat file in tm0:npdrm/

5. flavio

flavio Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2015
    Brazil
    acreanus
    It needs to be activated, without act.dat it does not recognize the games

6. Little Zed

Little Zed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    Malaysia
    You need to install a plugin and load it by tai config so called "Net check bypass" by Yifan Lu. Search it.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

7. ayanekochan

ayanekochan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
  8. thealgorithm

thealgorithm GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    I solved the situation by the following.

went to beta.henkaku.xyz
    Ran the epsp bubble installer. It asked me to activate via X to reboot. X to reboot
    ran henkaku via beta.henkaku.xyz
    went into system settings, logged into psn account
    selected system activation from settings and activated the first two options
    ran the epsp bubble installer again, this time it rebooted and started the installation process
    used browser again (beta.henkaku.xyz)
    ran easyadrenaline installer

now running the bubble resulted in a black screen for me, so I did the following

ran easy adrenaline installer and uninstalled.
    then after reboot go into beta.henkaku.xyz again and reinstall easy adrenaline installer
    now clicking on the bubble will extract 661.pbp and should work from there on

9. Vitaminer
    OP

Nov 22, 2016
    United States
    I've solved the problem and activated my vita, thanks to all

There is actually no need to use a manual DNS or netcheck bypass, its a bug in epsp 2.0 which caused a great confusion

atomsk likes this.