Can't access Wii system settings anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by christophercombo, May 29, 2007.

May 29, 2007
  1. christophercombo
    OP

Newcomer christophercombo Newbie

Canada
    Hello,

I attempted to play mario strikers (pal) on my modded utsc-u wii. It asked to update my system so I did that and the game worked fine. But now i cannot access the wii system settings anymore. When i go to it, i get a message that tells me that it can't access a certain file. Anybody have a similar problem?

Thanks,

Chris

2. AxaliaN

Newcomer AxaliaN Member

Netherlands
    You're screwed. Same as with Paper Mario, this update fucks up NTSC systems.

Rule no 1. Always update your Wii via the net, never via a disc.

3. DiNo29

Member DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    I would say he isnt screwed. He can run games. So, if he wait with a new US game to come out with a new update, and update with the disc, it should put back a working firmware.
    But maybe it need to be a game that work on pal, as his Wii may be considered as a PAL Wii now.

4. jergens

Newcomer jergens Advanced Member

Canada
    Rule no. 1 is stop trying to play other region games [​IMG]
    Especially if you are already in the NTSC region, you almost always get the game first, so you don't need much patience.

5. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    There was another post regarding this same problem. Did it happen directly after updating with MSCF-PAL or have you been playing other PAL or NTSC-JAP games? Were you already at 2.2U when you put MSCF-PAL in your Wii?

If you can access your messages go back and look for one with an update link in it, and try and update your Wii that way.