Hacking Can't access Wii Settings

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just completed xzeros's 4.2 modding guide and it works nearly perfect and i highly suggest it to anyone!.

however i did the cIOSCORP 3.4 at the end to play backups through my disc channel and since then i am not able to get into my Wii Settings menu to change internet connections, etc... unless i have the SD card in the wii. i don't know why this is and is wondering if there is a way i can fix it. please and thank you for all assistance.!
smile.gif

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have preloader .29.

also now even with my SD card in i can't access my wii settings for more than a few moments. when i click on it one of 2 things happens:

1. Black screens and doesn't load wii settings at all

OR

2. I access them but after about 10-15 seconds my wii-remote doesn't connect to the sensor bar.

i don't remember having this problem until i downloaded cIOSCORP 3.4, but i also don't remember if i tried accessing them beforehand or not.

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, then how do i play my games? i was told to use preloader and set the ios to 70 so i can play my burnt games

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the instructions i was told to go to Settings in Preloader and change my system menu to IOS 249, i'm assuming that was what i had to do in order to play the backup games.

But, i just tried what you said (i changed the System Menu to IOS 70 in the Preloaders Settings) and if i do that i can't access my system menu at all, it comes up: "Your system files are corrupt" and then it talks about troubleshooting, so the only way i can access my wii system menu is if i keep it on IOS 249 i think.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) i don't mean at all to be a dick but the cIOSCORP note in xzxero's guide said that it was not recommend for novices or at all by some people....

2) run the dop-ios mod from this specific post and patch IOS 70...choose yes each time prompted. When that is finished and you get back to the HBC, immediately reinstall preloader with the correct 4.2 hacks.ini file and set preloader to use IOS 70

then test...

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i did know that warning, so i knew there was a chance that something could've gone wrong.

I'll try those steps later tonight when i get home, thanks for the research and help though!

I also found out that i CAN access my wii settings with no problem if i put the wii in maintenance mode (hold + and - at the health warning screen). but i'll try out your method later on tonight, thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.