Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
As stated in the title, I can't access my Wii's hard drive on my PC. When I plug it in, it just comes up with 'This device must be formatted before it can be used'. I can access it with the Backup Manager, but even then I don't have access to everything. Is there a way I can back up the ISOs I have on my hard drive and then format it in a way that the Wii can read it and so can my PC? It's a WBFS and I'm running Windows 7, if it helps.

Solution
Use WiiBackupManager0.3.6 to extract your games as WBFS files with 4gb split and put them in a folder this will save you time putting them back on your HDD.
Once extracted Format your drive as Fat32 and create a folder wbfs or let WiiBackupManager0.3.6 do it for you the 1st time it runs the drive.
Click on Drive 1 and select your HDD
On the left there is a files button click it and add your folder with your games in it. Then click on select and select all.
Then click on transfer and select Drive1 and let it do its work.

EDIT:-All current loaders will play the games on a Fat32.
And a Plus you can use Uneek + Di to play the games that wont play without a lot of headaches MPT,Sam +Max ,COD3 + others

All your ROMS can be stored aswell

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Use WiiBackupManager0.3.6 to extract your games as WBFS files with 4gb split and put them in a folder this will save you time putting them back on your HDD.
Once extracted Format your drive as Fat32 and create a folder wbfs or let WiiBackupManager0.3.6 do it for you the 1st time it runs the drive.
Click on Drive 1 and select your HDD
On the left there is a files button click it and add your folder with your games in it. Then click on select and select all.
Then click on transfer and select Drive1 and let it do its work.

EDIT:-All current loaders will play the games on a Fat32.
And a Plus you can use Uneek + Di to play the games that wont play without a lot of headaches MPT,Sam +Max ,COD3 + others

All your ROMS can be stored aswell

Solution

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but did you try running the manager as an admin? You can do so by right clicking and then click 'Run as Administrator' or something to that nature.

EDIT: When I say dumb question, I mean my own, not yours.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Cobleman
Will this let me access my hard drive so I can put ROMs for emulators and the like on it? And is FAT32 compatible with Backup Loader CFG and GX?

EDIT: Do I need to do a 4GB split? I can't seem to find the option in Backup Manager 0.3.6. And why do I need to convert them to .wbfs? Why not .iso?

And what does Uneek + Di do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night