1. Christianhe126

OP Christianhe126 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi, I have a problem with my new 3ds xl. For a hacking purpose, I followed the 3ds guide and downgraded to version 2.1. After that, I installed the boot9strap successfully.

But now I can't access the home screen anymore. Every time I turn the 3ds on there is this error: "Failed to mount CTRNAND, Press any button to shut down."
    photo_2017-08-18_23-47-07.jpg
    The error remains no matter what I do. When I remove the sd card and restart the 3ds, there's only a black screen. I could delete the /luma/config.bin, and get again to the Luma3DS configuration. But when I save the Luma3DS v8.1.1 configuration (no matter what I check), it always results in this error.

As the guide says, I ignored this error and tried to restore the nand backup (https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage#nand_restore ). So I started the GodMode9, navigated to my nand.bin and started the restore (see screenshots). But strangely I'll get always this warning. Where I stopped.
    Nintendo.png

I tried to restore the nand backup with decrypt9 or hourglass. But there is always a "Initialization: failed!" error (see the decrypt9 log)

Initializing SD card... success
    Build: Decrypt9WIP (2017/06/07)
    Work directory: /files9
    Game directory: /files9
    sector0x96 Key: loaded, stored
    0x03 KeyX & KeyY: already set up
    0x05 KeyY: not found
    0x25 KeyX: already set up
    0x18 KeyX: already set up
    0x1B KeyX: already set up
    0x24 KeyY: not found
    Serial number: QEF10038337
    Finalizing Initialization...

Initialization: failed!
    (A to exit)

Another idea was to make a direct 9.2.0 CTRTransfer, which didn't work because I couldn't access the system settings (trough the home screen).

Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? Is my 3ds bricked?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Where in the guide did it say to
    downgrade to 2.1 to install boot9strap? Do you have aeskeysdb.bin (or a file with a name similar to that because I can't remember the actual name) in your files9 folder? You need that to open Decrypt9.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Aug 20, 2017
  3. Christianhe126

OP Christianhe126 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I downgraded to version 2.1 a few month ago, because it was the best way at this time. Because I had a lot of stress at work, I paused my work and continued it today. Where the guide was updated with a new (easier) method. Because I stucked at v. 2.1, I followed the instruction for Installing boot9strap (2xrsa).

Uncomfortably there is no aeskeysdb.bin. There are only the two log files (from decrypt9 and hourglass). How can I get this file? Thanks

Last edited by Christianhe126, Aug 20, 2017
  4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I see. That makes more sense. Now, this page will not help you in the slightest other than give you the torrent link to aeskeydb.bin. I'm afraid I can't help you any further but at least you should be able to open Decrypt9. Just be sure that when you restore your NAND backup to select the keep hax option.

5. Christianhe126

OP Christianhe126 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Yeah, I could start decrypt9. At the moment it checks the file for restoring the nand backup. I'll report when it's finished :)

6. Christianhe126

OP Christianhe126 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Nice thanks, now I am at version 11.3 and the hax was keeped :). Have a good weekend

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You were able to boot your system and get past that error? I'm glad! You're welcome! :)

8. Christianhe126

OP Christianhe126 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Yesss, the error was gone, after restoring version 11.3 :)

KunoichiZ likes this.
  9. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    for future reference, the MD5 for aeskeysdb.bin is in Godmode9's github page. Google "pastebin <hash>" and you'll find a link to a .zip.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - CTRNAND), (Failed, restore