Homebrew Can't access hacked 3ds XL after a cartridge update

Chipochip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, this might be my only hope for a chance at accessing cfw on my 3ds so let me begin.
I have been playing on a hacked 3ds that I bought from a 3rd party and like a total idiot that I am, I didn't think that a cartridge of Zelda Majora's Mask could lead to a black screen every time I boot with the SD card inserted. It asked me for an update and I complied. When I start the console it just stays with a black screen and blue light (not flashing). The thing is, my console boots without the SD card with no problem. Sorry for my english, I posted a picture with folder on the SD so if anyone can help me I will highly appreciate it!

Attachments

• 3ds folder.jpg
    3ds folder.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 157

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You broke the access to Rxtools cfw(and it's surprising that someone still use it nowadays) when you updated the 3ds with ur cartridge
You probably can boot ur 3ds holding R or L and pressing power(Cuz you can boot without SD card),if so,your sysnand is functional and you can Install an new CFW on your 3ds and restore ur Emunand into ur Sysnand
Boot on your sysnand and check the System version,after this, follow The Guide to install ur new CFW(and pay attention to migrate ur Emunand on the Sysnand as the guide specifies,with that,u can maintain ur old games)

Edit: I can see too that you have some stuff of luma on ur SD,my bad,before doing anything,check if you have luma installed and which version is it(Hold select and press power). If you can boot on luma settings and the first line indicates an luma version below 7.1,follow this. And if you can't boot on luma settings,probably you are using rxtools

Last edited by MrVtR,

Chipochip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you for replying, I am glad that it may be a way of fixing this. I can't boot with select and power, nothing happens. How can I boot on my sysnand to check the version? I'm new to all this and I'm sorry if I sound stupid.

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for replying, I am glad that it may be a way of fixing this. I can't boot with select and power, nothing happens. How can I boot on my sysnand to check the version? I'm new to all this and I'm sorry if I sound stupid.
Try to Hold L or R and press power,I don't remember which one exactly(don't release the button util the console boots up)
In any case,if you can boot without SD card,ur already on sysnand too,but if you have Rxtools installed,you can boot on sysnand with one of these buttons that I wrote above,if u can't boot with SD,I think you can follow the guide, just boot without SD card on the beginning and put ur SD after that

Last edited by MrVtR,

Chipochip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I tried booting with L and R and it is still in a black screen with a the blue light (with or without SD card). I'm going to research the mentioned programs and see if I can find any threads that lead to something. If there is any possibility of reversing this I want to try it.

Edit: My system version is 9.5.0-20 E if that helps with something.

Last edited by Chipochip,

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you can't boot with R/L,I would recommend to you follow the guide(booting your 3ds without SD card on the beginning of the guide) or backup ur SD card and format it on ur computer(but with this you won't be able to restore your old games,if you don't care,it seems a good way to go). Because this problem of black screen normally is an "bricked" emunand if you use Rxtools without luma

Last edited by MrVtR,
Reactions: Chipochip

Chipochip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So is it safe to format the SD card and then follow the guide (from 9.0.0 to 11.3.0)? I don't care what's on the card, I just want to access the CFW functionalities. If it's safe to start from scratch I will follow the guide very carefully and post an update in the near future.

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So is it safe to format the SD card and then follow the guide (from 9.0.0 to 11.3.0)? I don't care what's on the card, I just want to access the CFW functionalities. If it's safe to start from scratch I will follow the guide very carefully and post an update in the near future.
Yep,it's safe to format if you have rxtools,cuz your CFW is located on Emunand(And Emunand is created on your SD card,so,your cfw is in your SD card), I did a lot of migrations from Rxtools to the new CFW in the last few years and almost all I formatted the SD card before install an new cfw. Just for precaution,backup your SD card before format it.
Edit: I recommend you to use this app to format,check the option "Format Size Adjustment" on it,to erase your Emunand and all the remain files

Last edited by MrVtR,

Chipochip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is great news, thank you so much! I will make a backup and then follow everything in the guide (version 9.0.0 to 11.3.0 Homebrew Launcher Soundhax). One last bit of info that I need to point out, I have this sysnand folder in my console, should I remove it or let it be? It appears to be empty, but better safe then sorry.

Attachments

• sysnand.jpg
    sysnand.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 110

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is great news, thank you so much! I will make a backup and then follow everything in the guide (version 9.0.0 to 11.3.0 Homebrew Launcher Soundhax). One last bit of info that I need to point out, I have this sysnand folder in my console, should I remove it or let it be? It appears to be empty, but better safe then sorry.
You can delete it,this folder might be from some apps that was installed on your sysnand when you or someone installed Rxtools on Sysnand to create an Emunand after this,but now it doesn't matter,so,you can delete it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: