Gaming Cann't run Pokemon Moon on Gateway 3DS

TheRaptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a Nintendo 3DS XL and I am using a Gateway 3DS. When I run Pokemon Moon a error message while appear:

"The saved game data is corrupted. Please go the HOME Menu and refer to the Manuel for this software"

When I delete te corrupted save file by using the combination UP + B + X, it freezes on initializing the saved data....

Can anyone help me?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Nintendo 3DS XL and I am using a Gateway 3DS. When I run Pokemon Moon a error message while appear:

"The saved game data is corrupted. Please go the HOME Menu and refer to the Manuel for this software"

When I delete te corrupted save file by using the combination UP + B + X, it freezes on initializing the saved data....

Can anyone help me?
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is outdated. Some newer games likely won't work properly on it, especially since it's been abandoned by its developers. Please install boot9strap + Luma3DS using Plailect's 3DS Hacks Guide.

TheRaptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway is outdated. Some newer games likely won't work properly on it, especially since it's been abandoned by its developers. Please install boot9strap + Luma3DS using

Do I need to upgrade my firmware? I am currently on 9.2.

TheRaptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where are the games installed? On the internal SD card? I don't need a cartridge with a SD card like Gateway 3DS or Sky3DS? Does the Nintendo 3DS support 64 or 128 GB SD cards?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where are the games installed? On the internal SD card? I don't need a cartridge with a SD card like Gateway 3DS or Sky3DS? Does the Nintendo 3DS support 64 or 128 GB SD cards?
The .CIA files are installed onto the console micro-(SD). No need for a flashcart if you have B9S+Luma3DS.
64GB or larger come with exFAT file system. Reformatting them to FAT32 is all you have to do in order to use them on 3DS (and many other devices with official 32GB limit).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

TheRaptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed Luma3DS and Pokemon Moon works perfect. I used the banner bomb method. Are there updates coming out for Luma3DS? How do I update?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I check new updates?
After following the guide you should have Luma3DS Updater installed. However, Luma Updater sometimes required a manual (self-)update in the past in order to get working again (defeating pretty much the purpose of an updater).

You can check yourself by looking at the releases pages.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Updating Luma just means replacing boot.firm on the SD (and I also recommend updating the version on the NAND). As long as everything works and you do not need any possible new features there is no need to update Luma.

Reactions: TheRaptor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.