Cannot Use Chinese Characters in Location?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I was going to change my location today, and I typed it in Chinese (Traditional) characters. It wouldn't let me change it, because I 'exceeded the character limit' or whatever. My location consisted of four Chinese characters, and the 'check limit' button reported 4 as well. Is this a known glitch?
unsure.gif

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Some characters work, other's don't. I am a Japanese student, and three Katakana characters work and two Chinese characters work (seperate tests) but it is weird. I think it depends on what you want to type in.

For instance, I could write "Blackthorne City, Johto" in my location, but I can't write フスベシティ, just フスベ.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it might have to do with the fact that Chinese Characters (and probably S-JIS too) use 2-bytes instead of just one, so the maximum lenght actually will get down to half.

Just an hypothesis, though.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
raulpica said:
Well, it might have to do with the fact that Chinese Characters (and probably S-JIS too) use 2-bytes instead of just one, so the maximum lenght actually will get down to half.

Just an hypothesis, though.
But either way, that'd mean the 4 Chinese characters would take up eight spaces, and I'm sure the location limit is set at 20-ish...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"