Misc Cannot set/assign new Wiimmfi friend code for some wii games

Cragdore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a homebrewed wii with USBLoaderGX set to autopatch for wiimmfi and wiiware patched with riiconnect24 patcher before installing as a WAD onto NAND. Some games give me the 60000 error, which means I need to change it so it's added to the wiimmfi database [https://wiimmfi.forumotion.com/t44-error-code-60000].

On this forum page it says "type in your friend code (WITH the dashes) that you want to use on Wiimmfi and then click 'Assign'." but any code I give yields "Invalid friend code entered ⇒ Try again!". The "Status of User" --> "Profile of Users" seems to list a friend code for each game, but if I try to use that, the wiimmfi site again says my code is invalid. I tried to use the friend code listed in the game itself, but I cannot see my friend code unless I am already connected for some games like Brawl and Mario Strikers Charged. How do I fix online for some of

Old profiles with 60000 error (what I need help with)
Mario Strikers Charged (has option to set FC)
SSB Brawl (has option to set FC)
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (has option to set FC)

Old profiles that work fine
Mario Kart Wii
Water Warfare WiiWare (still has option to set FC)

New profiles (new titles played for first time, no previous save data) with 60000 error
None :)

New profiles that work fine

Dr. Mario WiiWare
Mario Sports Mix
Mega Man 9 WiiWare (still has option to set FC)
Mega Man 10 WiiWare

Games like BlastWorks and Boom Blox Bash Party give different error codes, probably because they use 3rd party servers and don't work with wiimmfi; is that the case or can they be fixed?
Also I have 2 entries for WiiSpeak, each with separate friend codes listed, one asking to set friend code, another without. Why's it doing that? Do I need to fix anything? I have not had the chance to test it with someone.

upload_2020-10-21_18-26-21.png

Thank you!

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one with this problem
is my save file really the problem because I can’t set my friend code on the website but it’s there.
Also as much time as I was a forum for this I realized something I didn’t do and when I actually put my friend code it says it’s active. I did try smash earlier with a new save file and it worked that way but I would have to start over and I put my old file back just to go back to getting the error code. Don’t know if I’m on a wait period for the one with my actual save file.
If there is a way to edit the friend code with my new one, I’ll do that. Right now it’s not really about going online to play but actually getting this to work with my current save file.Right now though I think Mario kart is the only thing that works for me. If anyone solved this issue without deleting a save file please let me know.

Last edited by Cragdore,

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use usbloader gx 1271 and for games that support wiimmfi I enable it via game settings in usbloader gx. Riiconnect24 is mainly for enabling channels that used wiiconnect 24 but I've noticed lots of people use the guide for wiimmfi. But the feature is already in usbloader gx without needing to change dns servers on your connection settings and all that. I've also never needed to manually do anything else to get a new FC registered other than creating a new profile within the game, such as a making a new license on mario kart. Wiimmfi then generates the new FC.

Cragdore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use usbloader gx 1271 and for games that support wiimmfi I enable it via game settings in usbloader gx. Riiconnect24 is mainly for enabling channels that used wiiconnect 24 but I've noticed lots of people use the guide for wiimmfi. But the feature is already in usbloader gx without needing to change dns servers on your connection settings and all that. I've also never needed to manually do anything else to get a new FC registered other than creating a new profile within the game, such as a making a new license on mario kart. Wiimmfi then generates the new FC.
I know it's been a while since I posted. For most of my games I use USBloaderGX and made new saves EXCEPT for SSBBrawl b/c I have alot of progress and memories with it. So in my case I do need to do something, and the manual wimmfi FC set isn't working.

Who can I get in touch with to troubleshoot? Thanks!

upload_2021-6-11_20-43-43.png

Cragdore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

see these two people ==> @leseratte and @Wiimm
Thank you, I was able to get in touch with Leseratte, and thought the info might be useful to other users. Here is what I was told:
"
I have never used that "set friend code" function myself for SSBB; it's possible that that is broken because friend code checksums work a bit differently in SSBB than in most other Wii games. If you just care about the savegame itself and not about keeping your friend code, you could try generating an anti-60000-cheatcode and run that on your game: https://forum.wii-homebrew.com/index.php/Thread/59717-BETA-Error-60000-fix-for-all-Wii-games/
"
I do need someone's help though. I couldn't get WIT properly installed, could someone please provide me the generated cheat-code for SSBBrawl? Thank you.

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm understanding you correctly. . . You want to play SSBM online but don't want to delete your old save? Does Smash not have multiple saves? If it does you could make a new save and use that one for online battles, and the other for campaign.

Another method would be to make a nand back up/dump of your console, if you don't already have one, to use a NEW game save via emunand. There a a feature within USBLoaderGX to dump emunand. Then in USBLoaderGX select, Smash Brawl, Settings, Game Load, Nand Emulation, turn it on. Be sure to point it to path as well. This would allow you to toggle between saving on the actual Wii or on a hard drive. This would be another way to make an additional profile via emunand save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs