rudedoggx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, whenever I try to save my GBA games, it says 'error saving'. I just got it 2 months ago, So I'm pretty sure the battery isn't dead. Can anyone help me?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you patching the games properly before putting them on the 3-in-1? Some games (those with an SRAM save type I think but don't quote me on that) require patching with software like GBATA to make the saves work.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Some games (those with an SRAM save type I think but don't quote me on that) require patching
Actually it's games that don't use an SRAM save type.

If you're using an EZ-V to run the 3-in-1 you should save patch the games with the EZ4 Client or the 3in1 tool (not to be confused with the 3in1 ExpPack Tool).

If you're using any other slot 1 flashcart (or if you don't like the EZ-V's built in 3-in-1 handling) you should just get GBA ExpLoader, it will take care of the patching automatically. You must not save patch the roms you want to use with GBA ExpLoader.

Edit: Automerging of posts never works for me any more.

r0ni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lngn.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
You must not save patch the roms you want to use with GBA ExpLoader.

Why is that? SRAM patching a rom with gbata should not affect GBAExploder at all. It will just use the patched save type instead. I sram patch all my roms, so I know my saves are compatible with my F2A in case I want to play on the SP instead.

Classic NES Zelda must be patched or it don't work, Super Mario Adv. 4 I can't get working with or without patching (gameplay anyway), and I'm sure there are other games with issues. I just haven't tried them all yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.