Cannot save on EZFLash 3-in-1

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by rudedoggx, Apr 21, 2008.

Apr 21, 2008

Cannot save on EZFLash 3-in-1 by rudedoggx at 8:44 PM (1,389 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. rudedoggx
    OP

Member rudedoggx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For some reason, whenever I try to save my GBA games, it says 'error saving'. I just got it 2 months ago, So I'm pretty sure the battery isn't dead. Can anyone help me?

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Are you patching the games properly before putting them on the 3-in-1? Some games (those with an SRAM save type I think but don't quote me on that) require patching with software like GBATA to make the saves work.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    What slot 1 flashcart do you have? Which loader are you using for the 3-in-1?

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Actually it's games that don't use an SRAM save type.

If you're using an EZ-V to run the 3-in-1 you should save patch the games with the EZ4 Client or the 3in1 tool (not to be confused with the 3in1 ExpPack Tool).

If you're using any other slot 1 flashcart (or if you don't like the EZ-V's built in 3-in-1 handling) you should just get GBA ExpLoader, it will take care of the patching automatically. You must not save patch the roms you want to use with GBA ExpLoader.

Edit: Automerging of posts never works for me any more.

5. rudedoggx
    OP

Member rudedoggx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm using the R4 for Slot-1 and Rudolph's EXPLoader 0.55.

6. r0ni

Newcomer r0ni Member

United States
    Why is that? SRAM patching a rom with gbata should not affect GBAExploder at all. It will just use the patched save type instead. I sram patch all my roms, so I know my saves are compatible with my F2A in case I want to play on the SP instead.

Classic NES Zelda must be patched or it don't work, Super Mario Adv. 4 I can't get working with or without patching (gameplay anyway), and I'm sure there are other games with issues. I just haven't tried them all yet.