skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii was on 4.3 before this happened.

My sister got her game from Gamefly, Guilty Party, and then she accidentally ran the update embedded into the disk... and now I cannot run any of my USB Wii Game channels, or USB Loader GX, it gives me an Exception (DSI) Error.

Anyone got any solutions?

I cannot tell what my Wii version is either because my Wii is Semi-bricked, I also await an answer for this... >_>​

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
do you have bootmii@boot2 + NAND backup stored somewhere?

I do have a Bootmii NAND backup, but I dont want to perform it as its the first backup I did before I ever did any hacks to my Wii, I would lose all my channels, and save data using it.

Is there anyway I can fix this issue without losing my data?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version HBC are you on? did the update remove HBC? if not, you can reinstall IOS80 and the system menu 4.3 to get rid of the semi-brick.....then reinstall you cIOS

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
what version HBC are you on? did the update remove HBC? if not, you can reinstall IOS80 and the system menu 4.3 to get rid of the semi-brick.....then reinstall you cIOS

I have the latest HBC installed.
Can you give me directions on how to do this?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...okay, what i would do....

download xflax's modmii....say it's a virgin wii on 4.3, then skip the initial steps about installing the HBC....this should get you back to good....

once done with all that and everything's working, make a NAND backup with Bootmii

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have bootmii@boot2?...if so, you're protected (as is your data) from a brick as you can boot to HBC from there....

i would get rid of the semi-brick first before doing a full modmii update though...download SM4.3 wad AND IOS80 from modmii and install them together from HBC using MegaMultiMod.....

there's no guarantees on anything man...but it's what i would be doing in the state you're in. i'm confident it will work.

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
MMM (multi-mod-manager, not mega-multi-mod as i said before)....can be downloaded on page 2 in modmii....

Alright, the two files I have on MMM are

4.3U_Systemmenu_v513.wad and IOS80-64-V6944.wad

Do I install these two files together, and my Semi- Brick will be fixed?

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my Wii is USA North America, so I downloaded the 4.3U from ModMii, so now I install these files?

WOOT! Thank you VERY MUCH! I've been asking for help for the past month or so, and you had the correct solution! My system menu is no longer bricked, and now the semi-brick is gone!
biggrin.gif
Now to install cIOS back! Thank you very much, you are a savior.
biggrin.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad i could help.....

now, to hopefully keep this from happening again (the semi-brick from a disc update)....install priiloader and enable system menu hack to block disc-updates....this should all be standard procedure as part of a modmii modification if you go that route....

to get the cIOSes reinstalled, you may need to remove stubs if the 'disc -update' stubbed them .... when you get the cIOSes all reinstalled and everything's working....make a fresh NAND backup....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1