Cannot run Metroid Dread v 1.2.0 after updating switch to Atmosphere 14.1.2

snip07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello I just updated my switch to 14.1.2 and some games don't run like Metroid Dread. I already updated the sigpatches and also applied the update for Metroid Dread to v1.2.0...however still cant run the game. :( Is there a fix? Thanks

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already did this...no luck :( Formatted with exfat...
You shouldn't use exFAT.
Reformat to FAT32 (with 64kb clustersize) ASAP if you want your SD to stay uncorrupted. https://rentry.org/FAT32FormatSD

Aside from that, as the other user suggested the maintenance will most likely solve your issue.
How? Short version:

While loading fusee.bin hold both volume buttons and keep holding them until you reach the mode, if you inject fusee directly, hold the buttons from RCM onwards, if you chainload fusee from hekate hold the buttons before and after tapping the boot entry for Atmosphere.
Inside the mode take a look at the first option, it should state your FW and CFW version and if you booted the mode for sysNAND or emuNAND, which is important in case you use an emuNAND, both NANDs don't affect each other.
Nevertheless you do NOTHING and just reboot by holding POWER until the Switch turns off and then turning it on like you normally do.

Reactions: burhansalih

snip07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for all the help guys! I finally figured out. I downloaded the nsz format which did not work...so I downloaded the xci format and it worked.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for all the help guys! I finally figured out. I downloaded the nsz format which did not work...so I downloaded the xci format and it worked.
Then your source was faulty (maybe a broken XCI convert) or you used some shitty installer like Goldleaf, which can't install NSZs in the first place.
Anyway glad you solved it.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you read? I indirectly said don't use Goldleaf, it's the worst installer of them all (aside from Awoo maybe), use anything else.

Also, why shouldn't you be able to have multiple installers, to deal with your question? You can have every single one on your SD if you whysoever want that but you effectively don't need more than one.

R3DRE111AVER

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you read? I indirectly said don't use Goldleaf, it's the worst installer of them all (aside from Awoo maybe), use anything else.

Also, why shouldn't you be able to have multiple installers, to deal with your question? You can have every single one on your SD if you whysoever want that but you effectively don't need more than one.
the the reason i asked is ive seen 1 on e bay for sale with gold leaf but no Tin foil installed !

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't use exFAT.
Reformat to FAT32 (with 64kb clustersize) ASAP if you want your SD to stay uncorrupted. https://rentry.org/FAT32FormatSD

Aside from that, as the other user suggested the maintenance will most likely solve your issue.
How? Short version:

While loading fusee.bin hold both volume buttons and keep holding them until you reach the mode, if you inject fusee directly, hold the buttons from RCM onwards, if you chainload fusee from hekate hold the buttons before and after tapping the boot entry for Atmosphere.
Inside the mode take a look at the first option, it should state your FW and CFW version and if you booted the mode for sysNAND or emuNAND, which is important in case you use an emuNAND, both NANDs don't affect each other.
Nevertheless you do NOTHING and just reboot by holding POWER until the Switch turns off and then turning it on like you normally do.
dont ever suggest someone not to use exfat. Ive been using exfat since switch's release and no issues. Just cause you had one mess up which was probably user error, doesnt mean it was exfat fault

-------
Also use DBI as your NSP,nsz or xci installer or tinfoil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night