Cannot run gba movie file on EZ flash IV

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Rigo, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009
  1. Rigo
    OP

Newcomer Rigo Newbie

Germany
    Hello,

I hope anyone can help me with my problem:

I've converted some videos with the converter software "meteo avi-2-gba". This works perfectly, but when I put the files on my flash cart and run them, the Gameboy Splashscreen appears but the video doens't start. I can only see the Gameboy splashscreen which doesn't disappear. But the screen is a bit faulty...the Nintendo logo under the gameboy lettering is a big line. It's very strange because the Visual Boy Advance can run the gba movie files, but my EZ Flash 4 not.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I am guessing the logo appears but the nintendo sign below is all corrupted (probably going for a near solid pink/purple bar).

Your problem is a corrupted or otherwise non functional header. VBA ignores this, no$gba will tell you but probably ignore it otherwise and your cart can hang depending on how you work it.

2 options:
    Soft reset to load instead of hard reset. If you have followed any advice on updating the loader in the past couple of years you are probably on Modulo's RESET loader which defaults to hard reset to start (this works around a bug with the lite compact and lite deluxe when launching from DS mode), hold L when you press a to launch a rom and it should skip the logo and still run the rom. If you want to go hunting then you can also use the final loader before lite compact and lite deluxe was added (assuming you do not have a lite compact or lite deluxe) is it defaults to soft reset to load.
    Note while this works for most roms there may still be a few that do not work with it.

Fix the header (the way I would choose)
    http://www.no-intro.org/tools
    GBATA from the link above has a fix header option, use it.

3. Rigo
    OP

Newcomer Rigo Newbie

Germany
    Thank you for the replie!

I've downloaded GBATA and used the option to fix the header...now the videos run perfectly!!
    Maybe I will trie out the other method with the firmware, too.

Again a big thanks for your help!:)