epikenvy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been working on this for literally 4 hours now and it's 9AM

I installed Dios Mios, all that crap, used both DiscEx AND GamecubeIsoConverter, and every time I try to launch the game the screen just goes black, and boom, that's it! Nothing else, no warning, NOTHING. I've tried using USB loader AND the Dios Mios launcher itself, both just result in black screens after title selection. No text, not even an error, just black.

I have a killer headache from all this stress, help.

Rev1207, IOS222 (Rev 4), DIOS.MIOS V.2.6.1+

Drive is;

Western Digital My Book Home Edition 1 TB USB 2.0/FireWire 400/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive

It's worked for Wii games, but it's given me SO much grief with this gamecube stuff.

What the inside of the drive looks like;

31w6L.png

31w7R.png

That's the worst part, it's only one game and it's already going god-awfully.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before it boots the game it should show the DIOS MIOS logo, that's what he means by the splash screen. Also, DIOS MIOS is updated to 2.10 so you should check that out.

<tailwhip>

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that's not exactly a problem, but it is interesting, now that I think about it. Back when I was first figuring out how to load my games from my hard drive, I somehow installed Power Rangers: Dinothunder as a channel in WiiFlow. I inserted my disc into the drive and did ...something... after that, I clicked on it and it let me play it; it even had my save data. Then I pulled the disc out and it still loaded with my save data. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I did. All this installing was new to me, so I formatted my SD card and erased it. Now, I wish I hadn't; I haven't gotten my GC games to work either. :(

epikenvy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm it's not the drives' problem. It's Dios Mios' -- I just tried to boot from the SD card, same result.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes like Speedster says install the Wad file it should be called "RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad" or something like that install it with a Wad manager

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what you're going to want to do:
1. Download the file at the bottom (linking is being picky).
2. Extract the files and open DMLizard.exe and let it download the updates.
3. When you get to the main DMLizard screen, type 1 and press Enter.
4. Depending on if you're using DM or DML, press 1 or 2. 2 wads will be put in the wad folder in the copy-to-sd folder.
5. Copy the "apps" and "wad" folders to the root of your SD card. Let the folders merge if you already have those folders. Make sure your games are on your card/USB.
6. Go to the Homebrew Channel on your Wii and load WiiMod.
7. Once open, go to the WAD installer option and select it.
8. Install the 2 wads that you copied earlier, then exit WiiMod. Then open your loader.
9. Load the game and it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kfh7jp1lxljaze5/DMS_CFG_USB_MOD.zip

epikenvy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what you're going to want to do:
1. Download the file at the bottom (linking is being picky).
2. Extract the files and open DMLizard.exe and let it download the updates.
3. When you get to the main DMLizard screen, type 1 and press Enter.
4. Depending on if you're using DM or DML, press 1 or 2. 2 wads will be put in the wad folder in the copy-to-sd folder.
5. Copy the "apps" and "wad" folders to the root of your SD card. Let the folders merge if you already have those folders. Make sure your games are on your card/USB.
6. Go to the Homebrew Channel on your Wii and load WiiMod.
7. Once open, go to the WAD installer option and select it.
8. Install the 2 wads that you copied earlier, then exit WiiMod. Then open your loader.
9. Load the game and it should work.

http://ul.to/8yasogxj

Don't mean to be a nag but could you possibly reupload that? Uploaded.net is a finicky bastard with it's money grubbing "MAX DOWNLOAD PER HOUR" crap.

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this when looking up the problem:
  • I get a black screen when I try to launch games with DIOS MIOS
    • This might be a drive incompatibility. The FAT32 partition might need to be the first valid partition on the drive and be marked as Active and Primary. Marking as Active can be done in Windows via Computer Management…Disk Management. Use the Run box in the Start menu to get to Computer Management.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over