Hacking Cannot Open DS_menu.dat? I'm sorry Still confused how to run .nds games...

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why this is so confusing for me because I've been able to open up the the .nds launcher before in the GW fake RPG game. I've hacked all my other portable devices but between all this new stuff like NAND EMUNAND SYSNAND etc I could really use some step by step instructions to figure out how to get to back to that menu instead of watching you tube videos forever which seem to kind of run in circles.

I basically formatted a new a micro SD card in FAT 32 and dropped my .nds games along with everything for the r4i OMEGA folder. I tried opening the Labyrinth game in my 4.5 3DS and 9.0 XL and got that error message Cannot Open DS_menu.dat in both of them where before I got SD/TF error... I don't know if I was supposed to drop something in my SD card as well?

Can anybody give me precise step by step instructions on what exactly to do to get my 3DS to run DS games or provide a link or else I'm probably going to mess up and accidently delete my 3DS backup game saves or something experimenting lol. Thanks ahead guys.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Do I need to install DS_menu.dat on my SD card instead of micro SD? I already know how to play 3DS games and have downgraded my regular 3DS to 4.5 but everything I look at seems to be going in circles as far as achieving other things. I know there's a million ways to use and install your GW files for .3ds and .nds games in my case on the micro stick as opposed to doing the whole .cia thing so yeah I'm getting dizzy

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah... Do I need to install DS_menu.dat on my SD card instead of micro SD? I already know how to play 3DS games and have downgraded my regular 3DS to 4.5 but everything I look at seems to be going in circles as far as achieving other things. I know there's a million ways to use and install your GW files for .3ds and .nds games in my case on the micro stick as opposed to doing the whole .cia thing so yeah I'm getting dizzy
For DS flashcards there is nothing that goes in the 3DS SD card, everything goes in the microSD of the DS flashcard.
You need to copy everything in the R4 folder in the Gateway Ultra ZIP to the root of the SD card, no need to fuff around and such.
Also, this may be incredibly useful to you for understanding how to use Gateway for 3DS ROMs.

Reactions: Margen67 and Ra1d

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm going to format my SD card and my micro SD card, now on my downgraded 3DS I can just insert the blue card files and play the game? Without anything on my SD card?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea he was putting the r4i loader on the gateway blue card instead of the files from the blue card folder from gateway's website. Might have helped if you had said what card you were using at the start instead of implying you were actually using an r4i...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM