Cannot Launch Loadiine or Homebrew Launcher-Black Screen-[5.3.2]

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Pecrow, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I have a wii u on 5.3.2, I was able to access the Home Brew launcher as well as loadiine just fine, allowing me to play games with out issues, but for some dumb reason, i decided to do a Reset Save Data on the browser, and after that i have not been able to launch loadiine or the homebrew launcher at all.

I don't mean trying to load games, but the exploit itself. I have accessed all of the websites, both to launch loadiine directly or to launch the homebrew launcher but when I enter the website to launch the 5.3.2 payload, it goes into a black screen and the wii u freezes. The black screen some times has small white lines, dashes, all over, or just a few, but nothing happens, and I am forced to restart the wii u.

I have reset the browser about 5 times now, I have changed the files on the SD card over 10 times, and issue is still the same. Even if I try to launch the payloads with out any SD card inside the wii u, it shows the exact same screen.

Can someone help me?

2. dhrisj

dhrisj Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2008
    Netherlands
    BothyBhoy likes this.
  3. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the reply, but already tried those steps, way too many times by now

--edit--

I have also tried different SD cards,

--edit--

Currently trying to perform a full system reset to see if this helps, Im running out of options :(

Last edited by Pecrow, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    After a full system reset I still have the same exact issue :(

5. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    anyone having same issues...these steps fixed it for me.....more than a few times....

6. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    What websites are you using? can you share to see if it might be the websites I am using that are having the issue?

7. supermalloch

supermalloch GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2011
    A Sunken Pirate Ship
    I had the exploit running and then reset my browser save. Bad idea. It took many many (hundreds?) times before it finally worked again. Keep trying. I got it working with wiiubru first then self-host after.

8. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I found a solution... and I feel so dumb!! Ok. So the solution to this black screen issue is so simple:

1. Enter internet browser, load any page (Dont launch the exploit)
    2. Exit to main menu.
    3. Power down the console normally,
    4. Enter browser again, issue resolved.

9. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    I think your solution was just luck, because I had the same issue and tried the same thing as you. But who cares, you got it to work! But pro tip: make sure you never reset the browser save data again. You will have to go through that whole process all over again!

EDIT: To clarify, I USED TO have that problem, not anymore!

Pecrow and BothyBhoy like this.
  10. BothyBhoy

Nov 27, 2015
    and your secret solution is to/was to ????

11. Logan Pockrus

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Try over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over again, while smashing your head into a wall until it works!

EDIT: I know that over is next to another over every other word but I'm too lazy to care.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus, Mar 21, 2016
    Lawletto and BothyBhoy like this.
  12. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Yes hard resetting console after fail then also requires a normal reset after you have restarted system following crash.

Not obvious but indeed true.

Lawletto likes this.
  13. Logan Pockrus

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Wish I would have known that while I was still trying to get it to work....

Lawletto likes this.
  14. BothyBhoy

Nov 27, 2015
    tried that didn't work.....(hehehe) only joking.....

15. Logan Pockrus

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    But yeah, that was the grand ol' process of which the legends speak. That's also the process to get the kernel exploit to work on 5.5.1 (just without the whole..."success" part)!

16. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2015
    FINALLY!!! After, I don't know, like 2 months of not being able to launch Loadiine I simply did what Www.wj44.ml/notworking.html states and it finally worked! I have been missing out on GX2, so happy times! I must have done exacty that a thousand times, but I was either lucky or the order that is stated is the perfect solution. Thank you!!!

17. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Currently I'm having this same problem. I set up rednand on my SD card. I went into it through internet browser - loadiine.ovh - homebrew launcher, and then hit cfw booter. It said welcome to rednand on the gamepad. So next I try to install system config tool. I go back into internet browser - loadiine.ovh - homebrew launcher. But then I get a black screen at this point. It won't go back into homebrew launcher so I can install system config tool with wupinstaller. Not sure what to do.