Hacking Cannot Install IOS53, 55, and 56

snakeofsolid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I used NUS downloader to download the most current versions of IOS53, 55, and 56(5663, 5663, and 5662 respectively), placed them in my wads folder in my SD card, accessed them through wad manager 1.3, attempted to install and got 2 different errors for 53 and 56 when i tried to install. 53 began installing normally, but then ended in a ret =-01 error, 56 didnt even proceed at all and resulted in a ret=-1017 error. Whats going on here, am I missing some sort of precursor to install these?

My wii is 3.4U

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure but try using Wad Manager 1.7 or MMM [MultiModManager] or YAWM since wad manager 1.3 is way outdated.

If these dont work grab Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition and use that install either Online or Offline Wad installation option. Hope this helps
smile.gif

MMM [MultiModManager] --->>> Most highly recommended Wad Manager

snakeofsolid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
not sure but try using Wad Manager 1.7 or MMM [MultiModManager] or YAWM since wad manager 1.3 is way outdated.

If these dont work grab Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition and use that install either Online or Offline Wad installation option. Hope this helps
smile.gif

So i thought about DLing Dop-Mii but I keep reading notices for possible bricking, and that scares the ever loving crap out of me. If I use online WAD installation could anything go wrong? Do I need other files before running it through HBC

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never had a problem with it i with ios58+ARBHOOT or just use cIOS236 the only thing that could happen is you have a power outage during the installation then yes you would get a brick. Highly unlikely you would lose power.

if you dont have cIOS236 grab the installer off the net (cIOS 236 installer) --->>> http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 really good site
smile.gif
as this will allow prevent you from receiving errors and then on the other hand IOS58+ARBHOOT is direct hardware access from my understanding i've used it plenty of times w/o fail.

You can do online installation or offline (Provided you have the wad file) the cool thing about this Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition is like the other revs it tells you if the IOS is stub'd in which case just use the most recent NON-STUBBED IOS. Sorry it took me a day late to respond was encoding a lot of videos to .h264
smile.gif

Say you want to be on SysMenu4.3 ok you can use Dop-Mii to put it on there w/o losing your Soft Mod. Just select the correct System Menu whether your in (Japan)(USA)etc. and choose to install it it'll give you a message about priiloader "Would you like to make a backup of priiloader before installing sys.menu X in question" choose yes but you will have to reinstall priiloader inways at least i did to make sure. Now your on Sys.Menu4.3 with all your softmods still intact.

I did it just like that even did the Online INstallation and it worked out great no need to update boot2 either. The extra info is just an example of what i used it for.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make a nand dump using bootmii if you have any doubts before installing anything. then go on to download the ios236 installer from the link above, then use mmm with ios236 to install the other ios'es.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah fattest gots the right idea if you dont want to use Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition go on and use MMM "MultiModManager" you can find it easily i dont use it much as i just install most stuff on my emulated NAND but that nifty little homebrew app works great
smile.gif

snakeofsolid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im doing just this, i just ordered a new SD card to put a bootmii back up on it. One thing though, since ill have 2 SD cards, one with my apps, and one that i want to solely dedicate to bootmii stuff, should i put the bootmii folder as follows: in the root of my new sd card: apps>bootmii>boot.dol and whatever else, insert my new SD card in my wii>go to HBC>run bootmii and and install as boot2 ( I have a launch wii so thats fine i think?). Is that the correct process? and once this is done, can I remove that SD card and stow it away for a rainy day and not boot up at the bootmii menu all the time?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
snakeofsolid said:
Im doing just this, i just ordered a new SD card to put a bootmii back up on it. One thing though, since ill have 2 SD cards, one with my apps, and one that i want to solely dedicate to bootmii stuff, should i put the bootmii folder as follows: in the root of my new sd card: apps>bootmii>boot.dol and whatever else, insert my new SD card in my wii>go to HBC>run bootmii and and install as boot2 ( I have a launch wii so thats fine i think?). Is that the correct process? and once this is done, can I remove that SD card and stow it away for a rainy day and not boot up at the bootmii menu all the time?
You could just make a NAND backup with BootMii, and then copy both the NAND and BootMii folders onto your PC, flash drive or something. Then you won't have to worry about it booting up every time.

Once BootMii is installed as boot2 through the HackMii installer, it'll basically tell the Wii to search for BootMii on the SD card and boot it up before the system menu. If it's not there, it won't boot up.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems a bit convoluted, why don't you just make the nand dump and move it off the sd card -- either to a pc or burn it to a cd?

also, you can use BootMii Configuration Editor to boot to system menu without displaying bootmii, or add a timeout in bootmii then boot to system menu (or hbc).

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii_Configuration_Editor

I think MultiMod Manager can do this too.

snakeofsolid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
snakeofsolid said:
You could just make a NAND backup with BootMii, and then copy both the NAND and BootMii folders onto your PC, flash drive or something. Then you won't have to worry about it booting up every time.

Once BootMii is installed as boot2 through the HackMii installer, it'll basically tell the Wii to search for BootMii on the SD card and boot it up before the system menu. If it's not there, it won't boot up.

So if the SD card with bootmii isnt in my Wii, itll just boot straight to the system menu right? I will most certainly make a NAND backup once it is installed.

Also fattest, I realize using the bootmii configuration utility is probably easier, but I think id just be comfortable will less steps, the less I have to add things to my wii the more comfortable I am, I suppose I am just a bit too paranoid.

Although thanks for you help guys, ill let you know how things go once I finish.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
snakeofsolid said:
So if the SD card with bootmii isnt in my Wii, itll just boot straight to the system menu right? I will most certainly make a NAND backup once it is installed.
It's the other way around, as long as the BootMii folder is not in your SD card, BootMii won't boot up. You can still use the same SD card if you wanted to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1