cannot install bootmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by baffle-boy, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009

cannot install bootmii by baffle-boy at 1:14 AM (4,794 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    once i had already installed the HBC and DVDx, i tried installing bootmii as boot-2 with the hackmii installer (bannerbomb to start it) it said i could install it as boot-2 so i clicked to install as boot-2 but it says this:
    a bootmiii instal requires a SD Card (

2. tommitek

Newcomer tommitek Advanced Member

Japan
    chances are your sd card didnt have enough space perhaps....

if everything is still working fine then try again. i recommend following this guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

if you follow it step by step you should have no problems. (use online method if you can)
    the only thing i suggest you do while you go through each other steps. while things are downloading and installing onto your wii, make sure you are watching what is written (ie. the progress of the download install). sometimes the network can fail for no reason, or something can just stuff up for some reason. so keep an eye on it. if something does go wrong, dont stress, just try that step again the exact same way again (as it says in the guide) and chances are it will work the second time round

3. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    bootmii(0.2) that comes with Hackmii Installer 0.2 doesnt support SDHC cards and i think thats what giving the errors but the new bootmii(0.3) that comes with Hacmii Installer 0.3 does support SDHC cards

4. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    @ pepxl i was using the hackmii installer beta 3 so that cant be it

@ tommitek unfortunately i cant get an internet connection with my wii so no online version... and im using a 4gig micro sdhc in an sd adapter, so im pretty sure it wasnt a space problem...

can anyone else help me?? i need to know why i cant install bootmii, is it some weird sd card compatibility issue? hbc and dvdx work fine...

5. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    may sound stupid but the sd card isnt write protected is it or any of the files that getting changed write protected

6. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    hmmm, i wouldnt know how to check that... i used to use this sd in my cyclods and it seemed to work fine, however it MAY be write protected (why else would hbc and dvdx install but it couldnt write the /bootmii file to it?) also is it really THAT big of a deal if i skip the installing bootmii step? cant preloader just save me from a brick?

7. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    little switch or the side of the SD card flick in so its not on lock!!!!!

the others would install cause they are not writing anything to the sd where as bootmii is

p.s when installing anything DONT UNINSTALL/REMOVE always overwite the existing

EDIT

preloader can be wiped by an wii update, bootmii cant(boot2), bootmii can make NAND backups incase of a total meltdown, preloader cant it can only boot to HBC to remove the bannerbrick

8. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    OMG thank you SO much pepxl HUGE props... im such a n00b i had no idea what that little switch did...