Hacking Cannot get rid of Neek2o stuck on "Reloading bootmii IOS"

Falligrecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually.. it worked. I renamed the old bootmi and sneek folders for backup, and put the freshly created from ModMii on the SD and could boot into the emuNANd using USBLoaderGX and also by using the channel.
Effectively the SNEEK installtion and the emunand now ARE exactly the same as DURING all the previous tries. The only difference is that there's a lot of other stuff on the drive, too, from my old USB-Setup. So there must be some unknown dependency..

I had to replace the emuNAND, though, because the old emuNAND already is partially broken and doesn't create savegames for some games, like 2fast4gnomz for example.
Some games not being able to save anymore in emuNAND is one of the reasons why I wanted to move away from USB, because I hope it will work more reliably with the internal sd card.

Also I had to use pure SNEEK. SNEEK+DI won't work. I don't want to load WII-Games from storage, but I would like to be able to access the Neek2O menu for configuring emuNAND path to another one, though.. I think di is needed for the Neek2O configuration menu 2 work, isn't it?

So I now have a clean emuNAND and it's booting from the SD card.
I will now integrate all WiiWare into the emuNAND and hope it will keep working.

Thank you so much! :)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually.. it worked. I renamed the old bootmi and sneek folders for backup, and put the freshly created from ModMii on the SD and could boot into the emuNANd using USBLoaderGX and also by using the channel.
Effectively the SNEEK installtion and the emunand now ARE exactly the same as DURING all the previous tries. The only difference is that there's a lot of other stuff on the drive, too, from my old USB-Setup. So there must be some unknown dependency..

I had to replace the emuNAND, though, because the old emuNAND already is partially broken and doesn't create savegames for some games, like 2fast4gnomz for example.
Some games not being able to save anymore in emuNAND is one of the reasons why I wanted to move away from USB, because I hope it will work more reliably with the internal sd card.

Also I had to use pure SNEEK. SNEEK+DI won't work. I don't want to load WII-Games from storage, but I would like to be able to access the Neek2O menu for configuring emuNAND path to another one, though.. I think di is needed for the Neek2O configuration menu 2 work, isn't it?

So I now have a clean emuNAND and it's booting from the SD card.
I will now integrate all WiiWare into the emuNAND and hope it will keep working.

Thank you so much! :)

I managed to get wiiso's wiiware database before it went under, so I installed all usa wiiware games (have all regions). that's on the virtual wii. I've yet to encounter a game that didn't work. also, neek is much easier to manager through usb loader gx as you've been using. if you want a game to use neek, set the custom path for the game itself, and have the global custom path for that of your normal emunand. that's the best way to set it up, so you can technically have two emunand paths. remember: only use neek for games that need it, which is not many really.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, you might want to backup that emunand and neek's emunand. I once had an issue on the virtual wii where the neek emunand got corrupted. replacing it fixed it.

Reactions: XFlak

Falligrecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I managed to get wiiso's wiiware database before it went under, so I installed all usa wiiware games (have all regions). that's on the virtual wii. I've yet to encounter a game that didn't work. also, neek is much easier to manager through usb loader gx as you've been using. if you want a game to use neek, set the custom path for the game itself, and have the global custom path for that of your normal emunand. that's the best way to set it up, so you can technically have two emunand paths. remember: only use neek for games that need it, which is not many really.

-My concept so far is:
Have all WiiWare in emuNAND and boot into this emuNAND for chosing between all WiiWare games.
-No emuNAND usage for the few "true" Wii games I have installed (I have just about 7 native Wii games and don't play them very often)

If I understood you right: You mean having an own little emuNAND for every game? Or how would I make all WiiWare titles from the emuNAND available directly in USBLoaderGX? (I have all available WiiWare in there..)

btw, you might want to backup that emunand and neek's emunand. I once had an issue on the virtual wii where the neek emunand got corrupted. replacing it fixed it.
Frequent emuNAND-corruption is the reason why I want to switch from the old USB-HDD with cable to internal SD, because I felt like the cable connection and the HDD's slow access times where the reason for the corruption.
Yes, I will make an backup after integrating all WiiWare, but I hope I won't have to use it everytime anymore like it was before..

Last edited by Falligrecht,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my corruption has only happened once, and it was just with the neek emunand. though, it's a pita to set up everything on the wii/virtual wii. far more difficult than doing the wii u side of things.

Falligrecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I know this custom configuration option for "real" Wii games. I always thought the purpose was to have an own emuNAND for each game's savegame. Isn't it?

But how would I do that for WiiWare inside the emuNAND? Wouldn't that mean to have one emuNAND per game?
And why would I do that for the few normal games I have (besides maby having a nand per savegame)?
At the moment I am wondering what I should set my global NAND configuration like.
There's a lot of possible combinations:
  1. NandEmuMode = 2 (full)
  2. NandEmuChanMode = 2 (full)
  3. NandEmuPath = sd:/nands/pl_eu/
  4. NandEmuChanPath = sd:/nands/pl_eu-full/
But I have seen there's an paramater named "neek" for the channel NAND mode.. shoudl I rather use this than "full"?
Thank you!

Falligrecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Waiiiit.. I was assuming that USBLoaderGX could load Wii games from the internal sd card nowadays. But it seems like it still can't. Is this right?
If so, then I don't need to spend more time with USBLoaderGX's configuration, because I'd have to switch to configurable Usb loader or WiiFlow anyways.
Well, the initial topic is solved.. so thank you people very much!
Probably I will have to open a new thread regarding WiiFLow's configuration, soon ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs