Hacking Cannot get Nintendont to work, ios58 error.

SallyAnne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://i.imgur.com/8xDmiLJ.jpg

Hi guys, I installed homebrew and USB Loader GX around 2009 or 2008. I tried in 2013 to get USB Loader GX to allow me to backup GC games. After almost tearing my hair out and losing GC functionality entirely for awhile, I gave up.

I want to try again with Nintendont. But I keep getting the error in the above picture.

I have NO idea what firmware my Wii is, what IOS I have installed, etc. All I know is I have ios249 or something for USB Loader GX. I dont even have Twilight Princess anymore to do that homebrew hack.

Can someone walk me step by step of what to do so I do not destroy my Wii in the process?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 4.3 or install IOS 58 v6176. Updating may require you reinstall your cIOSes.

You can use ModMii to download just IOS 58 if you want to.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I only install ios58, do I risk breaking anything? Will USB loaded gx still work?

No on the first, yes on the second.

If you have an older IOS 58 and update it to a newer one it will not affect anything that used the older version. That's the entire reason Nintendo made the console work like that. An IOS that Nintendo modified to the point where it would break other software that used it would be assigned a new number instead.

If you want to back up your GC/Wii games the best tool to use is CleanRip with at least an 8GB SD card. It shouldn't freeze writing to SD. Leave the Gamecube ISOs exactly the way they are and you can use Wii Backup Manager to smoosh the Wii games so they don't take up as much space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr