Hacking cannot get mupen64-360_v0.993_beta2 to boot on falcon rgh

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have owned 5 360s. one arcade edition back in the day, a slim, 2 slim e, and now my prized falcon in like new condition. no problems with any

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own three 360s, but the hardware problems have kept me from playing any of them. after getting burned by a xenon, I just don't trust the system. I can't say I trust the sony systems any better though with their disc read errors. the only company's systems I haven't been burned by is nintendo's.
True story. Ninty makes some really dumb business decisions but a pretty damn solid piece of hardware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's also the disc read errors with sony consoles. I got burned on a phat psx and a phat ps2. that's generally where they cut corners: cooling and optical drives.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man. i have had 3 fats still own one, and have 2 slims. one i picked up from somebody else had a week laser, i adjusted th pots on it and works like a charm. never a dead ps2. That sucks about ps4. I have an xbox one x and worry about the heat it gives off. i took it apart and redid the thermal compound. but that baby still gets hot. I have a 80 mm fan on the side of it on high, and that keeps it half the heat or a little less. mind you the fan is right up against the front right side of it constantly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I have an old computer that would get so hot that you couldn't touch the left side of the machine. it's like the cpu and hdd were dipped into a pot boiling water. lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange thing is that after restarting the system, the temps were back to normal. the main issue with that laptop is getting it to boot up. I have to do a system restore, then last known good configuration. it seems to crash daily too. I have a new laptop though, but it would be nice to have one, working, downstairs.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remove bottom and blow out internal fans and all vents. also check cmos battery. if you dont need windows on it then i would run a distro of linux. (puppy linux, or linux mint with the cinnamon desktop)
the latter has a nice clean look to it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xenons and Zephyrs (2005-2007) are the consoles that are better of as doorstops.
Falcons and upwards (2008-201x) are decent machines.

I got a Falcon RGH meself, used it for thousands of hours, still going strong.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xenons and Zephyrs (2005-2007) are the consoles that are better of as doorstops.
Falcons and upwards (2008-201x) are decent machines.

I got a Falcon RGH meself, used it for thousands of hours, still going strong.
totally!
on my side, i been lucky with my Zephyr, wich i still have fully fonctional with cpu temps going maximum to 70*C (the rest stays under 50*C) , i added some 'coil' parts on the GPU's coil, some heat-foam on the RAMchips and added a tiny fan plugged in the same connectors as he normal fan so this way it follows the same fan-speed as the basic fan.
I had this Zephyr for sooo long, pretty happy its still in great health lol
i bought it for 20$ a long time ago in a video game shop, the guy said it was rrod and he didnt know what to do with it, and since i repaired lots of rrods i bought it in a heartbeat..and when i arrived and unnassembled it, the only issue causing the rrod on this one was a big layer of dust in the fan and the fan wouldnt turn at all..once removed and cleaned it ran perfectly, it wasnt even really rrod :P i still reflowed it to make sure it doesnt rrods.. ...without any fan mod, i think it heats-up more thyen any pc i seen :P

on another topic, does anyone know the proper pinout for the dual fans in he 360 fat?
you can use the voltage of the disc drive to power your fan to 12v, by splitting the wires behind it and connecting the ones from the fan.
As for adding your new fan, i suggest plugging it to the same wires as the default fan in the console by splitting the default fan's wires. But if you plan on adding it elsewhere in the console, you can use most of the 6v sources on the board, like the ones from USB ports.
Have fun and take your time.

Last edited by puss2puss,
Reactions: DinohScene

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be running the extra fan from the main power input from the board. my question for the pinout is so i know what to plug into for a dual 6v. i dont know if i can run dual 12v fans o the same size from the original connection without hurting the board, i will not take power from the dvd drive as that is its power source.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will be running the extra fan from the main power input from the board. my question for the pinout is so i know what to plug into for a dual 6v. i dont know if i can run dual 12v fans o the same size from the original connection without hurting the board, i will not take power from the dvd drive as that is its power source.
when you take power from the DVD drive, it wont stop it from receiving the power, you dont replace the wires, you jsut split them to 'add' them to the drive's power wires. look google for 12v fan mod xbox360.
have a good one, have fun

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have seen many of that. if the fan is running and the dvd drive is running it is taking it from that drive. nobody actually does a current test. use a loop and results will be shown. i am not doing that.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok lol.. to be honest i dont do it either :P i prefer taking sources of powers elsewhere, espacially since my added fan is far from the dvd drive and i dont want long wires on the board.

But still, its a good mod for most people, espacially since most people installtheir games on the hdd. i dont think you will see a difference using this power source to be honest since it will take not more then 6v (remember, i wasnt talking about your dual fan..was talking about the Fan mod that people do in their box) and it will only take 6v, added with the default voltage of your default fan output, so, a total of 12v by taking only 6v from the drive.
But anyway, was just a suggestion.

Check google for xbox360 fan pinout and you shoul;d find quickly what you are looking for.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still use the dvd drive for movies or transferring over new titles. I am extremely anal about using my originals. they are all sealed in plastic unless i have to re transfer them over. i ill be taking the 12v from the main input rail

Attachments

• FGVE14BGBT1RXIW.LARGE.jpg
    FGVE14BGBT1RXIW.LARGE.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: puss2puss

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally cut a hole in the side of me Falcon, put a fan grill on it and soldered in a 40mm fan at 6v, bolted it to the 2nd GPU heatsink.

You don't need to do 12v fanmods on Falcons.
Just add an intake fan, replace thermal compound on the CPU/GPU, cut away the back fan mesh of the case, crank the fans up to 65/70% in FSD and you'll be fine.

Reactions: puss2puss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain