Cannot get into homebrew launcher on N3DS 9.2.0-20E [Help]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Eldin2617, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Eldin2617
    OP

Eldin2617 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm sorry to ask but i've completely run out of ideas. I have been attempting to follow the guide at 3ds.hacks.guide. The version of my N3DS is 9.2.0-20E. I have followed the guide but when i get to the step where i have to play the audio file i get the 'cannot play' error. Also the music file does not show up as <3 nedwill 2016 like in the guide instead it just shows the file name. Does anyone have any clues?
    Afterwards i tried browserhax (always crashes back to home screen at the grey screen) for more than an hour but i'm starting to lose hope :(.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

P.S. I wanted to post pictures of the firmware and file layout on SD card but since i'm new member couldn't link to the imgur album

2. Taffy

Taffy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Student
    My first guess is:

[from the guide]
    "Note that cartridge updates will only deliver updates to core features, such as the System Settings, Home Menu, etc. cartridge updates will not deliver updates to Nintendo 3DS Sound and Network features, such as System Transfer, Internet Browser, StreetPass Mii Plaza, or eShop.

This means that using a cartridge update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<3.0.0) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!"

I'm guessing you updated from a cartridge?

3. Eldin2617
    OP

Eldin2617 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hmmm a bit more context:

- I used to have themehax setup to boot into reinand
    - didnt touch 3ds for year or two
    - this morning updated reinand in the emunand (this used to work perfectly but now reinand would not work anymore)
    - I stupidly changed theme to a non default theme.
    - Ended up formatting SD Card and Hard reset 3ds

as for the cartridge i think once upon a time i started xenoblade chronicles 3d but that is it i have no other cartridges

4. Taffy

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Student
    Are you sure your 3DS is on 9.2?

5. Eldin2617
    OP

Eldin2617 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    I can't figure out a way to send you the imgur link but yes i'm very sure. If i go into system settings it clearly says : Ver. 9.2.0-20E

6. Taffy

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Student
    No clue. Never touched themehax in my life. When I originally used soundhax to set up A9LH, I had no issues and the thing worked correctly.

7. Eldin2617
    OP

Eldin2617 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Themehax should also no longer have an influence since it relies on the theme data which now no longer exists because i did a complete reset (N3DS + SD).
    Either way browserhax should work and while it has never been the most reliable way to get there now i never even get past the grey screen.

8. Taffy

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Student
    ...Not really sure.

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Have file extensions turned on on your computer and make sure the file extension is right

10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, if the 9.2-20 is correct

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Post a picture of the contents of your SD. Also, make sure it's FAT32 formatted.

12. Eldin2617
    OP

Eldin2617 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    I double checked the extensions and files multiple times and reformatted (FAT32) multiple times. I think i screwed something up with my emuNand update and got my 3ds into some weird state.
    after trying to get browserhax to work i figured the time i was putting into it was not worth it and ended up ordering a flashcard preflashed with ntrboot instead of spending more hours into this.

Thanks all for trying to help though :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice