Hacking Cannot get Family Party to work on Gamma

WalkerOfTheDay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know how I can get family party to work ?

I've tried patching to IOS 30, and forcing PAL / NTSC but it doesn't seem to work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ARGH, IOS30 PATCHING IS SOMETHING FROM THE MODCHIP ONLY TIME, PATCH TO IOS249, IF YOU USE A BACKUP LAUNCHER

PS: sorry i think that's necessary

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As Wiipower said patching to IOS 30 is outdated...

Have Custom IOS36 rev 07 (w/ backup support) aka: IOS 249 by: waninkoko installed on the wii...
patch the ios to use IOS 249...

why use IOS 249 beacuse it has built in backup support so it allows for grater compatibility...
if you have a modchip or a softmod... does not matter better to follow this method...

-kitt050383

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WalkerOfTheDay said:
WiiPower said:
ARGH, IOS30 PATCHING IS SOMETHING FROM THE MODCHIP ONLY TIME, PATCH TO IOS249, IF YOU USE A BACKUP LAUNCHER

PS: sorry i think that's necessary

So sorry. I'm such a noob...

Sorry this has nothing to do with you. It's just there are a few people here which are 100% convinced, patching to IOS30 is the correct thing for backup loaders. That's not a problem, they can think what they want, but they tell it noobs.

WalkerOfTheDay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kitt050383 said:
As Wiipower said patching to IOS 30 is outdated...

Have Custom IOS36 rev 07 (w/ backup support) aka: IOS 249 by: waninkoko installed on the wii...
patch the ios to use IOS 249...

why use IOS 249 beacuse it has built in backup support so it allows for grater compatibility...
if you have a modchip or a softmod... does not matter better to follow this method...

-kitt050383

Thanx for helping me. One question though: I used big MOE's How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer.
Does that mean I already have Custom IOS36 installed ??

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
depends... did you have to put ios 36 wad file on the root of your sd card... if you did then yes you have it if you didn't.. then chances are you have the patchmii version that does not have backup support....

-kitt050383

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Thanx for helping me. One question though: I used big MOE's How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer.
Does that mean I already have Custom IOS36 installed ??

Custom IOS36 isn't a correct answer for the question which cIOS you use.

There are a few cIOS36 around, WiiGator's cIOS36 rev 6 and 7 and Waninkoko's cIOS36 rev 5, rev6 and rev 7

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just ran it through brickblocker, burnt it to a dvd-r and it worked, didnt need to change the ios on 0.3 gamma

WalkerOfTheDay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kitt050383 said:
depends... did you have to put ios 36 wad file on the root of your sd card... if you did then yes you have it if you didn't.. then chances are you have the patchmii version that does not have backup support....

-kitt050383

No, I didn't put the ios36 on the root of my sd card.. So I'll try it today. Thank you.

There is a thing I don't get: Why do Mario Party 8, Mario Kart and Sonic Unleased work without patching on my Wii ??
I just burned them and they worked 'out of the box'.

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thats something that I have been trying to figure out myself ... Why some games will work straight away while others need to be patched ... Personally I think it has to do with the dump quality ...
The first time that I dumped fire emblem it didn't work without patching to Ios 249... But on a second dump it worked flawlessly without having to patch it ... so I don't really know what happened either time (Perhaps my router was over worked???)

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Family party works just fine on Gamma,

I have removed the update with brickblocker and just ran the game.... No errors or something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality