ROM Hack Cannot find Links awakening dx 3ds tile ID

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can make full use of GodMode9 without any modification on the unhacked system by using ntrboot.
  1. Rename GodMode9.firmboot.firm and put it into the root of the SD (and the gm9 folder from the archive too)
  2. Start GodMode9 with ntrboot.
    • GodMode9 will ask you if you want to embed essentials.exefs into the NAND. If you want absolutely no modification on the 3DS answer "No" to the question about the embedded essentials backup
  3. Dump anything you want to dump and turn off the 3DS
Nothing will be written to the 3DS NAND.

============
As the bruteforcemovable.com states, injecting movable.sed from the bruteforce service to a NAND is a bad idea. However:
  • This will not remove CFW
  • GodMode9 stays accessible and the process can be undone by overwriting the "bad" temporary file with the original (backup first of course!!)
  • GodMode9 can restore a NAND backup at this point though this is overkill

Still a bad idea.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have b9s and a ntrboot card so even if i brick i don't really care lol, + it would just be a system not booting(black screen) brick that can just be fixed by placing a working movable back

P.S the bruteforcemovable site is not working with me right now so i can't test that)
Hu cool
ok well then I shall wait untill it works

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
You can make full use of GodMode9 without any modification on the unhacked system by using ntrboot.
  1. Rename GodMode9.firmboot.firm and put it into the root of the SD (and the gm9 folder from the archive too)
    • GodMode9 will ask you if you want to embed essentials.exefs into the NAND. If you want absolutely no modification on the 3DS answer "No"

============
As the bruteforcemovable.com states, injecting movable.sed from the bruteforce service to a NAND is a bad idea. However:
  • GodMode9 stays accessible and the process can be undone by overwriting the "bad" temporary file with the original (backup first of course!!)

Still a bad idea.
I don't think the OP even has a ds card compatible with ntrboot and yes i know that bruteforcemovable SEDs will make the system just not start at all but we need only for the purpose of decrypting the app file of the game with GM9(If that can be done) and since those are used to decrypt stuff with the *miner methods I guess it should work? Unless you know a method that does not involve install B9S(that TBH it would be faster) other than just downloading pirated roms

Last edited by Aquadraws,

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
    • GodMode9 will ask you if you want to embed essentials.exefs into the NAND. If you want absolutely no modification on the 3DS answer "No"

============

Still a bad idea.
I have two systems a hacked one and an non hacked one. If I am following this right you suggesting using ntrboot and launching GM9 without hacking the console thus giving me the ability to dump games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

============
    I don't think the OP even has a ds card compatible with ntrboot and yes i know that bruteforcemovable SEDs will make the system just not start at all but we need only for the purpose of decrypting the app file of the game with GM9(If that can be done) and since those are used to decrypt stuff with the *miner methods I guess it should work? Unless you know a method that does not involve install B9S(that TBH it would be faster) other than just downloading pirated roms
Still a bad idea.
how do i know if my sd card is compatable with ntrBoot?

Reactions: Aquadraws

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how do i know if my sd card is compatable with ntrBoot?
NDS Flashcard*
ntrboot-flashcarts.png

those are the compatible ones(taken from https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot)

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

============

Still a bad idea.
SO my question is how?

You got time to give me a walk-though?
better yet how do I start GM9 with ntrboot I can only find the flasher

Last edited by HALT,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SO my question is how?

You got time to give me a walk-though?
better yet how do I start GM9 with ntrboot I can only find the flasher
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't feel good and had to go to sleep right after my incomplete post.

====
You can follow the guide choosing the ntrboot path normally (preparing flashcart) up to this point:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
Doing ntrboot with the flashcart and the magnet starts the file boot.firm in the root of the SD. Normally this is the renamed SafeB9SInstaller.firm – in your case it should be the renamed GodMode9.firm. All you need on the SD is the renamed GodMode9.firm and maybe the gm9 folder with the scripts
====

Instead of injecting a (partial) movable.sed obtained via brute force attack into a real console you can try the exact same thing with ninfs:
  • Obtain movable.sed via bruteforcemovable
  • Set up ninfs and try mounting SD:/Nintendo 3DS
  • Navigate to the title and copy the .app file somewhere → This is the decryped version.
  • Then mount the .app file with ninfs and you will find the ROM.
I just did it with Metroid 2 - Return of Samus, official eShop release. Only difference: I used the real movable.sed.
You could give it a try with the brute force attack though – this attack obtains KeyY if I remember correctly and this is what you need to decrypt SD:/Nintendo 3DS.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this attack obtains KeyY if I remember correctly and this is what you need to decrypt SD:/Nintendo 3DS.
Yep that is what you need, I can confirm because I changed 1 byte at 0x118 and GodMode9 Wasn't detecting Sysnand SD and wasn't allowing me to mount app files, that is why I was suggesting to just use bruteforcemovable to decrypt that file

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, ninfs is the way to go here. Injecting the movable.sed and using gm9 is overkill and problematic.

The only catch is that ninfs also requires boot9.bin, but if you don't want to dump that yourself, any old boot9.bin from the Internet will work just as well.

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all I'll have to give this a try later, I tried flashing my flash cart yesterday and managed to click on the Ace3ds+ option and now my cart makes the system freeze when inserted and boots to a black screen when booted with it inside.

not that it really maters but, does anyone know a way to fix this. I'm sure that it's not possible but worth asking.

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks all I'll have to give this a try later, I tried flashing my flash cart yesterday and managed to click on the Ace3ds+ option and now my cart makes the system freeze when inserted and boots to a black screen when booted with it inside.

not that it really maters but, does anyone know a way to fix this. I'm sure that it's not possible but worth asking.
Bricked card lol, i hope you made a card flash backup

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this when trying to use bruteforcemovable

multi-ID0 instructions 1. Take out 3ds SD card, rename "Nintendo 3DS" folder to "Nintendo 3DS-do NOT delete me"

2. Put SD in back in 3ds and wait for "creating home menu management info do not remove SD card" prompt.

3. Take out SD card, put in PC, and copy the hex directory name inside "Nintendo 3DS" to somewhere safe - that is your REAL ID0

4. You can now delete "Nintendo 3DS"

5. Then rename "Nintendo 3DS-do NOT delete me" to "Nintendo 3DS"

I forgot to rename it when I put it back into my system and I when though the possess on the brute force website but I canceled it. I remembered that I didn't rename the Nintendo 3ds do not rename the file back to nintendo3ds. I clicked cancel and it started me over again, so I delegated the bot's friend card and was going to start over but when I tried putting my friend code and ID0 back into it, the site just took me to its step 4 with a download for my .sed.

All of this would be fine, but the download was "movable.sed.txt" and when opened it just says "SEED"

What have I done?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bricked card lol, i hope you made a card flash backup
I did it's on the sd card
How would I be able to fix it with that?

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All of this would be fine, but the download was "movable.sed.txt" and when opened it just says "SEED"
Um I am not sure about that part since I modded my N3DSXL back in the days of A9LH and downgrade to 2.1 needed so if KleinesSinchen can help..

I did it's on the sd card
How would I be able to fix it with that?
There is a restore flash backup option in ntrboot_flasher AFAIK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative