ROM Hack Cannot Find Install Location of 3DS Games on Luma3DS or MicroSD

TheLaughingMann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had someone do a Luma3DS installation to a new 2DS XL I bought. They also went to the trouble of dumping a generous library of 3DS games onto it to get me started.

I did a little reading online, and I have found out how to get my 2DS's microSD viewable through Data Management on the unit to my PC. However, I cannot locate where he put the .3ds or .cia files for the games.

I did a forensic search in Windows but didn't find hits on either filetype (used *.3ds and *.cia), and tried to search a couple of 3DS title names but no dice.

Is there a way in Luma3DS for me to view the directory of an installed 3DS game? Or is there a way for me to locate those titles on the microSD card via Data Management and on a Windows PC?

I am trying to find out so I can try to remove some that I do not want and then port over some I do (like JRPGs).

I am a new user of Luma3DS so please be gentle.

Last edited by TheLaughingMann,

TheLaughingMann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In doing a bit more research, I managed to find my way to where the files can be managed on the device itself (under Software). So I can delete the ones I don't need and recover space on the SD card there.

And it looks like I'll have to copy titles over by either doing microSD to my PC while unit's off, or via WiFi and Data Management, to install via FBI.

This can be closed for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1