Question Cannot delete files on SD card with any kind of homebrew

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by perspex, Sep 10, 2019.

1. perspex
    OP

perspex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    India
    Hey guys, using a SX OS pro dongle with emunand 8.1.0 and v2.8 SX OS here. The problem is, i cannot seem to delete any files on my sd using any homebrew app. I have tried using SX installer, Goldleaf, NXShell. I can see the NSP files, select them and even click on delete files. But even after confirming to delete, the files just stay there and never seem to get deleted other than when i put the sd card back into the pc and delete it from there.

I know its a small issue, but its an annoying one. I have no clue as to what is wrong and or even how to fix it. As no one else seems to be having a similar problem when i did a bit of googling. Some help would be great. Im using a San disk 400gb FAT32 sd card btw, if that info is required.

Thanks again in advance.

monkeyboy1916 likes this.
  2. a7mag3ddon

a7mag3ddon GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    do a scan disk on PC and fix any errors? usually this is a FAT corruption.

3. perspex
    OP

perspex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    India
    I just did, and it said no errors detected. Plus its a brand new sd card that i just bought today. i used the fat32 format app recommended by the SX Pro guide.

4. naxil

naxil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    some sd card have a write protection with a switch on the side

5. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    Are you able to delete the files from a PC? After deleting dismount the drive and mount it again and see if the deleted file is really gone.

6. perspex
    OP

perspex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    India
    No, its just a mirco sd. doesnt have those lock switches like the sd adapters have.

Yes, i can delete the files from the pc and they stay deleted that way. Its so weird, only homebrew apps do not seem to work when i try to delete something. Oddly enough, if i install any xci or nsp using the album SX OS menu (not sx installer), and then use the delete function they provide after installing it from there, then the files get deleted.

Only trying to delete any kind of files using some homebrew app just doesn't seem to work.

7. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    try use Lithium, that works for me on sx os 2.8

8. perspex
    OP

perspex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    India
    yeah, lithium ain't working either -.- , It crashes my switch and goes into the black error screen asking me to switch off my console when i press confirm delete on any file.

MY SWITCH IS CURSED!

Last edited by perspex, Sep 13, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted