Cannot "Create Room" from Installed .cia (Kirby Planet Robobot)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JohnTravolski, Jun 14, 2016.

1. JohnTravolski
    OP

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    So, this is what I did:
    1. I took a retail Kirby Planet Robobot Cartridge (USA) and dumped it using Gateway's backup cartridge feature. (I don't actually have a Gateway flash cart I just use the launcher.dat on my 4.2 sysNAND and go to the website to get to it.)
    2. I took the .3DS file that Gateway made and used 3DS Simple CIA Converter (this tool: ) to make the ncchinfo.bin file.[​IMG]
    3. I put that ncchinfo.bin file on the root of my SD card and went into RXTools version 2.6 (using the DS Profile Exploit) to create the xorpads. I got a file named: 0004000000183600.Main.exheader.xorpad (This was the only file that I got when I did this.)
    4. I used the 3DS Simple CIA Converter once again to convert the original .3DS file I got from the Gateway Cartridge Dump into a CIA by combining the .3DS file with the .xorpad file I got from RXTools.
    5. I installed the game on my 11.0 EmuNAND with FBI Installer and I can play Kirby Planet Robobot.

However, the problem is that I get a communication error every time I try to "create a room" for Team Kirby Clash. The rest of the game seems to play normally but anything that involves local communication features seem to fail. I'm not sure why this is. Can somebody please enlighten me on how to resolve this issue (step-by-step) so that I don't have this problem when I install other games?

2. IdahoNate153

IdahoNate153 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    United States
    If I'm remembering correctly the 3DS Simple CIA Converter removes download play features.

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    The program you are using is out of date. Download version 4.3 of that program and try it again.

4. JohnTravolski
    OP

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Thank you so much, I had no idea that there was a newer version. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

I tried the newer version of the tool and it works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Last edited by JohnTravolski, Jun 15, 2016
  5. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    No Problem. :)