Hacking Cannot change USB Loader GX to IOS 250

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to do this on the Wii, but apparently there is a fix. I have no clue what it is.

Alternatively, Wiiflow seems to work just fine on IOS 250, but I much prefer the look and feel of USB Loader GX

Also, Wiiflow runs in 4:3 with black bars on the side. how do I get it full screen?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the aspect ratio is already answered in your other thread. It's not a problem from Wiiflow.

About IOS250, you want to change the settings or the dol ?
The settings:
Launch the loader > Settings > Loader Settings > search where you see 249 > click on it > delete 249 and write 250 > Save.
If the loader tells you it can't find IOS250, it means you didn't install it on your vWii. Wiiflow might change to 249 without telling you, and you think you are using 250.

The dol:
Download the latest version of the loader https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX
Extract the boot.dol from the IOS250 folder, and put it on your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

Reactions: WarMachine77

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I restart USB Loader GX, it says it loads 250 just fine. In the field where 249 is supposed to be, it just says -1.

Thanks for your help by the way, it's going to be a great Christmas :)

the aspect ratio is already answered in your other thread. It's not a problem from Wiiflow.

About IOS250, you want to change the settings or the dol ?
The settings:
Launch the loader > Settings > Loader Settings > search where you see 249 > click on it > delete 249 and write 250 > Save.
If the loader tells you it can't find IOS250, it means you didn't install it on your vWii. Wiiflow might change to 249 without telling you, and you think you are using 250.

The dol:
Download the latest version of the loader https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX
Extract the boot.dol from the IOS250 folder, and put it on your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"-1" is used by game's settings to tell the loader to use the Global settings.

See, but changing to 250 does nothing for USB Loader GX (still white screen on Kirby Return to Dreamland), yet works fine on Wiiflow. Does USB Loader require that .dol on the sd card?

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you are talking about.
Which dol?

I think kirby has an Anti Piracy protection.
You need to disable all patches (no video patch, no return to, no ocarina, etc.)

I meant the dol that you posted, but it doesn't really matter now since your fix that you suggested worked out quite well with no problems. I was also wondering if you knew of any problems with Spiderman Shattered Dimensions and Monster Hunter Tri Running on Vwii? I remember running into problems on the regular Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: probably watched one too YT vids bout old grannies