Hacking Cannot block updates whatsoever.

FusionGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with blocking updates.

Yesterday, I started using OpenDNS to block updates and it worked absolutely fine. (Red X appeared.) However, today I started blocking the URLs via my router settings, and the red X does not appear. So I decided to try using both TubeHax and OpenDNS and now they don't work.

Router settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0tyc8gxfiqk34v/Router Settings.PNG?dl=0

WTF is going on?

GorillaGD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the time you made this thread, tubehax may have been down. The best way to check if your router is blocking the update servers properly is to open them in your pc browser and see if your router tells you that the site has been blocked or not.

In my case, I simply added the update urls to my time warner cable provided arris modem's parental controls filter and "some" of them gives me a blocked message.

Last edited by GorillaGD,

FusionGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way to check if your router is blocking the update servers properly is to open them in your pc browser and see if your router tells you that the site has been blocked or not.
Yeah, my router is blocking the URLs. I also can't access the eShop.
However, the red "X" doesn't appear.

GorillaGD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at my Wii U now and it doesn't have the red x either. It's possible Nintendo opened a new update server that isn't blocked yet. Probably should disconnect your wii u from the internet until the community looks into it.

Reactions: FusionGamer

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't always appear. It can sometimes take a while after booting it up for the red X to appear. It doesn't try to connect all the time, or necessarily, right after booting.

Sometimes, even if you start a game or something, and then go back to the menu, it will take a while for it to show up again. I've never had the red X constantly stay on.

Last edited by brienj,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The x isn't ever-present. It only shows up when the console performs an update check and the check fails. In other words, it doesn't matter if you don't see it all the time.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
it doesnt allways show the red x i pressume its just when its checking for an update this could be for the system or game update (mario maker ,splatoon ect.)i had the red x and updated all my games recconected tubehax and then it had gone

FusionGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The x isn't ever-present. It only shows up when the console performs an update check and the check fails. In other words, it doesn't matter if you don't see it all the time.
Oh, thanks for the information! This is the first time Mr. X has disappeared on me, and so naturally I grew concerned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that...