CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Over at this thread I've already posted a selection of different coloured skins, but IF I do continue making more - I thought it'll be best to have a new thread instead of 'My first AKAIO skin' so that I can have all skins I do in one place
Firstly: A quick disclaimer
All my skins are based on other skins found on the WWW.
Virtually all graphics used in my skins (with maybe a small modification by me) are taken from the original skin as I assume they are copyright free.
It they are NOT - I appologise in advance

Secondly:
Since I'm over 40, work full time & do shift work - there's a good chance that this post will not be getting updated very frequently, so don't expect a new skin every week

Thirdly:
If anyone give suggestions in this post to possible skin convertions, may I ask you to post a LINK to the skin in question instead of posting a load of screenshots etc.
(NDSThemes.com is a good place for suggestions). This is just a preference to try & keep the post neat-&-tidy

Fourthly:
In each of the skin sections I've used 'AK Edit's' (a skin maker) to convert the graphics & create animated GIF's for the screengrabs, but for some reason sometimes the actual skin may not look exactly the same as the screenshot - it's a problem with AK Edit. I will try, test & alter them as & whenever possible
Added 29-01-10: How to create Acekard/AKAIO skins' tutorial

Now onto my skins:
'Full' =>
4309783116_ced83c0e22_o.gif

Also avaliable with these top screens
'Blank' =>
4303093493_540112c1c6_o.jpg
'Clock' =>
4303106771_2988ba9ac0_o.jpg

Avaliable in the following colours:Note:
  • Single pack contains only the full Day/Month/Calender/Clock/User name
  • Double packs only contain the 'Blank' and 'Clock only' skins
  • Triple packs contain all 3 skins (Full/Blank/Clock)
[title:PS3Nintendo - as suggested by DaDownloadMan in my other thread]
4309037743_e36da34d10_o.gif

Avaliable in the following colours:

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
XMB skin is my favorite, very nice work. Perhaps when PS CS5 comes out I'll go into skin creating, doubt though. My PS skillz suck ass.
I use a combination of an old (Pre-Corel) version of 'PaintShopPro' and 'GIMP'

PSP - Because I'm so use to the controls & how they work
GIMP - To 'save' the graphics into 16-bit format (PSP can't do that) plus any 'tweaking' that need doing

And I'm not to good either at graphics - I usually find some that other people have done (or google Images) - then just modify them a little for my own use

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how does one make akaio skins? i tried to change the colors on a photo once and use it as the BG and failed miserably..

EDIT
Oh my wow, perhaps I should read the 1st post more closely next time..

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
N64Temp said:
Nice skins. By the way, do you use PSP7? I have that & I wanna try & make skins.
tongue.gif
No I use 'PSP X' (the last version before JASC got took over by Corel) - but a word of warning, PSP CAN'T save 16bit graphics - only 24bit

If you use 'AK Edit' to view/arrange things, & it 'finds' non-16bit graphics - it will attempt to convert ALL graphics which can cause grainy effects (not just the one that are 'wrong)

So what I do is use PSP to Crop/Colorize/Resize whatever graphics I want & save them as 24bit

THEN I start up GIMP - Drag-&-Drop a graphic into it, then 'Save As' the graphic as the SAME NAME
- but when I get to the box with 'advanced option' showing I then open it up & select the 'X1R5G5B5' to save the graphic as 16bit

AK Edit then 'sees' the graphics as OK

Once I get use to the 'quirks' of GIMP (& figure out the controls differences between this & PSP) - then I will most probably just use GIMP for making/saving the graphics instead of this 'two-step' approach

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U