Homebrew WIP CannonBall - Outrun Engine ported to the Switch (5.0)

• Thread starter MVG
  • Start date
  • Views 15,449
  • Replies 48
  • Likes 23

MVG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quickly ported CannonBall - the enhanced Outrun Engine to the Switch. I'll plan on finishing it (add sound, controlls etc) soon and release it.

Can't post links of a video/pic but check my twitter @ModernVintageG . I was also known as lantus back in the Xbox/Xbox 360 scene :)

more to come!

Edit: first release out ! - https://github.com/lantus/cannonball-nx/releases

Last edited by MVG,

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
I quickly ported CannonBall - the enhanced Outrun Engine to the Switch. I'll plan on finishing it (add sound, controlls etc) soon and release it.

Can't post links of a video/pic but check my twitter @ModernVintageG . I was also known as lantus back in the Xbox/Xbox 360 scene :)

more to come!

If you are indeed the lantus360 that I rememeber, then the work you did back in the 360 days was absolutely incredible.

Reactions: Sammy_Lee and MVG

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I was also known as lantus back in the Xbox/Xbox 360 scene :)

I loved the emulators you released years ago on the Xbox Classic, their still getting some use on my Xbox! :)

As it happens i'd randomly subscribed to your Modern Vintage Gamer YouTube channel a few months ago, then found out your lantus from the Xbox Scene as I watched though some of your other videos.

MVG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the kind words!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's the difference to running it on pFBA

its an engine thats been written for it. there are differences such as widescreen support, custom music, you can tweak the number of cars on the track etc, high score saves , different game modes etc

i ported it over mainly as a proof of concept to see whats involved, but its good enough to release :)

D

Deleted User

Awh man, CFW can't come soon enough, this is getting installed immedietly!

Still using some of your OG XBox Emulators, letting my little brothers play old games on it. Cool to see you make a return!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?