Canned "Sonic Extreme" footage leaked

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Footage of what appears to be an unreleased Sonic hoverboarding game for the original Xbox has found its way onto the web.

As reported by Game Informer, YouTube user ProtonX3 discovered the code, labelled Sonic Extreme, on an Xbox development unit.

There's no indication as to why the game never saw the light of day, but you can take a look at the footage below and find out what you missed out on.

Don't confuse it with the similarly ill-fated Sonic X-treme - a 3D platformer planned for first the Mega Drive and then the SEGA Saturn before the plug was pulled in 1997.
[/p]

Source

There's a video at the source and quite a few other videos on Youtube.

Thank god this never got released, the last thing we need is yet another shitty Sonic spin off.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks very mediocre and generic. I mean, other than Sonic being there, there was nothing that really would make a consumer go to that instead of SSX Tricky or the Tony Hawk game of that time.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wow looking at the trailer, my impressions:-

Now that hover boarding really is SONIC SPEED -_-

Even turtles move faster than that, maybe I'm exaggerating by this sentence but w/e
tongue.gif

Good thing it's cancelled.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
I don`t see this as cancelled... It just evolved to Sonic Riders, which imo was quite good if someone likes these kind of games.

I agree. This build is obviously an incredibly early version of Sonic Riders, so I don't really see this as cancelled, more like it just fleshed out and given a name change.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was that Sonic game on the Gamecube many, many years ago? I think it was called Sonic Riders. It was a pretty good game IMO. Kinda miss it.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
>Video starts
>Looks like they just made a custom map with the SA2:B skating minigame
>All is silent
>Looks boring as shit
>City Escape starts playing
>HolyFuckNostalgiagasm!

What was with the "NOOOOOOOOOOO" voice clip? It sounds off.

I do like how it uses voice clips from before the Sonic X VA's. Not that they were bad or anything...

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
Master Mo said:
I don`t see this as cancelled... It just evolved to Sonic Riders, which imo was quite good if someone likes these kind of games.

I agree. This build is obviously an incredibly early version of Sonic Riders, so I don't really see this as cancelled, more like it just fleshed out and given a name change.

+1

the final product looked much better though

[youtube]t7J0JJ8D6aI[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed