OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
K5ai8.jpg
Adolescents who are regular users of cannabis are at risk of permanent damage to their intelligence, attention span and memory, according to the results of research covering nearly four decades.
The long-term study which followed a group of over 1,000 people from birth to the age of 38 has produced the first convincing evidence, say scientists, that cannabis has a different and more damaging effect on young brains than on those of adults.​
GBAtemp must have some heavy cannabis users.

Reactions: 16 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So there really is evidence to support that cannabis may actually be damaging.
But how does it compare to legal drugs such as alcohol or tobacco?

Evidence might only make the case that if you restricted distribution the same way as cigarettes, and enforced stricter rules on where you can ingest it, it's probably not that bad.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In other news, white bread increases the risk of getting kidney cancer. 5 slices a day increases the risk by almost 50%. Cereal was also found dangerous, while eating meat products was shown to decrease the risk of kidney cancer. Take that, vegetarians!

Source

My point is, every single substance in the world is potentially dangerous when used in excess - everybody knows that. Cannabis is no exception, everyone knows it *may* cause anxiety and everybody knows that developing brains are more in danger of damage and faulty growth than fully-developed ones.

What the scientists are not checking is that the brain is capable to regenerate itself to a degree, unlike most human organs. It's entirely possible that the young brains affected by this are capable of making a recovery back to their original state.

Reactions: 3 people

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
My point is, every single substance in the world is potentially dangerous when used in excess - everybody knows that.

I've been breathing air every day of my life...why didn't someone tell me sooner? :O

Edit - Before anyone gets all serious on me, yes i know you can cause damage by breathing too much oxygen or hyperventilating.....

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like quite an objective study. Oh wait, they don't mention A DAMN THING about if ANYYYYY of the test subjects DRANK at all, oh well I'm sure that doesn't factor in at all when considering that people do illegal things when young because it's cool. I'm sure youths that smoked during adolescence NEVER drank at all, or did any OTHER substances, which of course would obviously skew the numbers. But that's nary a consideration. Of course not. Why would it be ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Before anyone gets all serious on me, yes i know you can cause damage by breathing too much oxygen or hyperventilating.....
ACTUALLY, breathing itself is deadly to living beings. While it is a necessary ingredient for producing energy, it also causes oxidation of body cells, which is the main cause of aging and eventually death. /trololo

Discovery of the century - life eventually leads to death. Now, where's my Nobel prize? :P

Reactions: 3 people

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like quite an objective study. Oh wait, they don't mention A DAMN THING about if ANYYYYY of the test subjects DRANK at all, oh well I'm sure that doesn't factor in at all when considering that people do illegal things when young because it's cool. I'm sure youths that smoked during adolescence NEVER drank at all, which of course would obviously skew the numbers. But that's nary a consideration. Of course not. Why would it ?
I fucking love Coors Light.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
[yt]X6Zn5if_Td4[/yt]

Seriously though, it's a bit too light for me - I can't taste the beer in it, it's sort of... like... water. I'm more of a lager person, gotta love Lech Premium... But hey! You don't discuss about tastes, right? ;)

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[yt]X6Zn5if_Td4[/yt]

Seriously though, it's a bit too light for me - I can't taste the beer in it, it's sort of... like... water. I'm more of a lager person, gotta love Lech Premium... But hey! You don't discuss about tastes, right? ;)
Video not available in 'merica :(
Also, i've never tried any "real" beers. I want to though. Natty Light is water. Coors isn't.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to be blunt, but it's obvious that cannabis (or should I say, can't-abis)has a way of weeding out intelligence. And you know, young people will keep on using it anyway. It's reefer madness, I tell you!

I, for one, don't (mari-)want-a try it for myself; I'll take a potluck dinner over a smoke circle any day of the week.

Reactions: 5 people

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Light beer in a cannibis thread? Sounds like the shitty high school parties around here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Oh my gosh is noon, time to play... a Sonic Streets of rage game 😎