Hacking Question Cancelled NSP installation on sysnand. Do I need to flash my backup to "clean" it?

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I was in sysnand cfw to backup some savegames, then I forgot to reboot into emuMMC before trying to install an NSP file. I used Awoo-Installer over usb. Mid installation I realized my mistake and cancelled. Awoo-installer told me to remove the partial installation from the switch's menu. I now have a "?" icon on my switch that appears as a 0.1mB program in my program list.

Edit: I did cancel while installer was still "downloading", not while it said installing

I'm afraid even after deleting this content connecting to switch servers might get me banned. I've been looking for information and the safest would be to restore sysnand, delete sysnand data from SDcard and go trough the process of reinstalling my games. Do I still have to do this since the nsp was never fully installed?

Also, will it be safe if I restore my clean nand backup (it may be a 4.0 one) and then update to latest firmware? All things like play log and other things will be missing, will it be safe to connect to nintendo servers?

Thank you

Last edited by suloku,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was in sysnand cfw to backup some savegames, then I forgot to reboot into emuMMC before trying to install an NSP file. I used Awoo-Installer over usb. Mid installation I realized my mistake and cancelled. Awoo-installer told me to remove the partial installation from the switch's menu. I now have a "?" icon on my switch that appears as a 0.1mB program in my program list.

Edit: I did cancel while installer was still "downloading", not while it said installing

I'm afraid even after deleting this content connecting to switch servers might get me banned. I've been looking for information and the safest would be to restore sysnand, delete sysnand data from SDcard and go trough the process of reinstalling my games. Do I still have to do this since the nsp was never fully installed?

Also, will it be safe if I restore my clean nand backup (it may be a 4.0 one) and then update to latest firmware? All things like play log and other things will be missing, will it be safe to connect to nintendo servers?

Thank you
This is a question better suited for the Switch Noobs Paradise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.