Gaming Canadians will soon have to pay $99 for Switch Games

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to all you Switch loving Canadians out there. Your out of luck. Now you will have to pay a wopin 99 bucks just to play some Pokken Tournament or just about any other switch game for that matter. As you can see Here.

(Sorry if someone hasn't already reported this. I couldn't find one so figured I'd write a quick article!)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be pretty surprised if this was actually a thing. Most likely an error.

This would crush game sales in Canada.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Do you know what that means?

That, if Amazon puts preorders for CAD$49.99 but Nintendo wakes up one day and decides to sell them at CAD$54.99, Amazon could get a loss of millions of dollars.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
$99 cad is ludicrous even using conversion rate and it equals $73.52, US which is insane for a game especially Nintendo!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

That, if Amazon puts preorders for CAD$49.99 but Nintendo wakes up one day and decides to sell them at CAD$54.99, Amazon could get a loss of millions of dollars.
why not selling the stuff at 1 million dollars, and then when amazon does update the price you will receive it in store credit. bam, amazon profit

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You expect sales of a game on a Nintendo console to be that high? I know it is now technically Saturday afternoon but might want to try pacing yourself.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You expect sales of a game on a Nintendo console to be that high? I know it is now technically Saturday afternoon but might want to try pacing yourself.
Anything can happen in economics. If I were Amazon, why would I want to risk anything by putting a low price and guarantee it stays like that while I can just put a high placeholder price and lower it once there are more information? It would be a very stupid way of losing a lot of your money. And don't expect people to be forgiving if that happened and you didn't keep your word. There would be lawsuits everywhere.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Switch is just such a niche console, the games will always be very expensive. New games in the UK are around £60. Pre-owned games are nearly the same damn price. Not to mention the scalpers buying up all the Switch consoles, making it impossible to get here.

I'll probably wait until Christmas before getting one anyway (that or a new GPU).

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Switch is just such a niche console, the games will always be very expensive. New games in the UK are around £60. Pre-owned games are nearly the same damn price. Not to mention the scalpers buying up all the Switch consoles, making it impossible to get here.

I'll probably wait until Christmas before getting one anyway (that or a new GPU).
Switch games are overpriced and there are retailers who will try to rip off its customers but if you take a look around you can find good deals on Switch games. I've not paid more than £30 for a Switch game so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: