Canadian Weed Legalization

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by Attacker3, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Recreational marijuana was on the Michigan ballot today. I voted yes and hope it passes, but my hopes aren't high, because most of the people at my polling place were like twice my age.

CallmeBerto and Xzi like this.
  2. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You'd be surprised how wide the consumer base for CBD and THC products has grown. We sell to people middle-aged and older from every state every day. We get the most money flowing in from Texas due largely to proximity and size, but Michigan definitely isn't under-represented at the dispensary.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Not looking good so far, but this is apparently only 0.2% of the votes so we'll see what happens over the next few days I guess.
    Capture.PNG

4. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    KingVamp, Hanafuda and Subtle Demise like this.
  5. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Thank god for that! I think it will be a while until I can go to the weed shop and get a tincture, but the cops won't be arresting people for having it in their glove box anymore (At least not after a couple weeks have passed).

Now if only we could get kratom out of the crosshairs. It causes less impairment than both weed and alcohol and is only responsible (not conclusivley, and usually mixed with true opioids and/or alcohol) for 44 deaths nationwide in 5 years. The Feds and other state boards don't like it because some of the alkaloids have an effect on the mu-opioid receptor. It causes a pronounced euphoria and extreme motiviation, however it doesn't effect the receptors that cause the heavy sedation and nodding associated with drugs like heroin. It's closer to a low dose of hydro- or oxycodone; an almost "speedy" feeling.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    https://www.goldbergjones-or.com/child-custody/marijuana-impacts-child-custody/
    https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/medical-marijuana-card-and-child-custody-634842.html (Ideally I would not link a question and answer but it was apparently answered by a lawyer and it was more the date I was concerned with).
    http://www.thecannifornian.com/cann...ng-custody-issues-marijuana-see-hope-prop-64/
    https://rightlawyers.com/rightlaw-p...custody-cases-attorney-stacy-rocheleau-warns/

7. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

I'm 51 and if I lived in Michigan I would have voted "yes," and I don't smoke/use MJ at all.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Not err... 51 (not telling my age), but I would have also voted yes, despite not doing any drugs. I wonder how many non-smokers voted yes.
    So, what exactly does this mean? The money will go directly to those places?

9. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Any sales tax collected from licensed facilities would probably be put in a separate fund that would be distributed to those services.

10. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

It'll happen to you. :lol:

11. dinalee

dinalee Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    Hope one day to see medical marijuana legal at all the states (I never smoked usual THC containing weed, but my grandpa was prescribed medical cannabis to relieve bone pains and it helps him greatly). I also want to try CBD Oil , I would like to see it available at local stores, legally.

Xzi likes this.
  12. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Was it Marinol? That is already legal in all 50 states.

Xzi likes this.
  13. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Next up is magic mushrooms. Denver is looking at becoming the first city to decriminalize, and Oregon is looking at becoming the first state to legalize. Micro-doses of shrooms and/or ecstasy both seem to show a lot of promise for the treatment of depression, anxiety and PTSD. I just wanna go on my annual trip without having to resort to buying it illegally, though. :lol:

CallmeBerto, cearp and x65943 like this.
  14. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto Vigilante

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    MM is now legal in my state and they had their first sale a few days ago.

Xzi likes this.
  15. Roamin64

Roamin64 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2007
    Canada
    Both shrooms and ecstasy are real fun to use, but shrooms really make me feel generally better. Not that I am depressed or anything, but physically using shrooms kinda soothes my whole body. The stomach that's been following me around for years is always better for a few days after I used shrooms. I would love for Canada to at least decriminalize them and even better to legalize them.

Xzi likes this.