• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian Weed Legalization

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I discussed this a bit in your blog post. Different cannabinoids effect different people in different ways, but for the most part I think CBD is snake oil when isolated. It needs other cannabinoids to interact with in order to get the full effects, and even then all you'll really get out of CBD is a calming effect and an anti-inflammatory effect. It may not be that helpful for tourette's or parkinson's symptoms. Again though, everyone's different, and you can certainly get CBD with trace amounts of THC that won't be enough to get you high. At my dispensary we've got all the way up to 30:1 CBD:THC in tinctures, edibles and etc. As @Subtle Demise said, start with small doses, and work your way up only if you're not getting the desired effect.
alright, but if I get it right, I should really smoke it to get better effect, right?
I hoped that oil would be better since it's concentrated...
Also, I prefer not smoking, especially now, with winter coming
When I see the father of my cousin in law smoking outside when it's like -25C -30C
No, I don't want to, and it's out of question that I'll smoke inside...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
alright, but if I get it right, I should really smoke it to get better effect, right?
I hoped that oil would be better since it's concentrated...
Also, I prefer not smoking, especially now, with winter coming
When I see the father of my cousin in law smoking outside when it's like -25C -30C
No, I don't want to, and it's out of question that I'll smoke inside...
No, you don't have to smoke to get (minimal amounts of) THC any more than you do with CBD. Edibles (gummies, chocolates, etc), pills, tinctures (drops you put under your tongue or into drinks), vaping, all of these are options. There are more too, like topical lotions/salves, but those probably wouldn't do much for you personally.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Red-Ribbon-Week-Coloring-Book-Say-No-To-Drugs.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to news at tv
90% of all cannabis product in Quebec are sold out
50% of all cannabis product in Canada are sold out

They say it might forces SQDC to close some of their store :(
The main question to ask is "how!?" Is it because of regulations or did they just not anticipate high demand?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The main question to ask is "how!?" Is it because of regulations or did they just not anticipate high demand?
I think it's the latter
hey, there was very long queue at the front of the store everyday before the stores open
at every single store (those at montreal at least)

Plus, theres only 12 store open in Quebec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's the latter
hey, there was very long queue at the front of the store everyday before the stores open
at every single store (those at montreal at least)

Plus, theres only 12 store open in Quebec
I think people just want to see what all the fuss is about. I'm sure the hype will die down soon. More stores should open soon as well.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think people just want to see what all the fuss is about. I'm sure the hype will die down soon. More stores should open soon as well.
yea well, iirc, there is supposed to be 150 store open by the end of the year

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I fear that only a very small % of people have a legit medicinal use for this and the majority of people in favor of this just want some excuse to get high.
well, I doubt the cannabis for public and the one for sick peoples are taken from the same supply ;)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a difference? Cannabis is cannabis.
I mean, there must be supply only for sick people
of course, the supple for public, recreative use surely is bigger
But still, I doubt both are from the same supply (maybe same source, but not same supply)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, there must be supply only for sick people
of course, the supple for public, recreative use surely is bigger
But still, I doubt both are from the same supply (maybe same source, but not same supply)

People will still find a way and excuse to get stoned. I don't care if people get stoned, but don't be that moron who thinks they can drive a car when high.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People will still find a way and excuse to get stoned. I don't care if people get stoned, but don't be that moron who thinks they can drive a car when high.
lol, I think we're not speaking about the same thing, there must be confusion^^
What I meant is that it might be a necessity for people who are sick

I'm not against recreative use, as long as those who NEED it still have acces to
As for driving after consuming it, don't worry, I'm not that stupid, I'm against ;)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ech, let them get high. As long as it doesn't cause anyone any issues who cares?
well, as i said previously, those who will smoke and drive are those who were already smoking illegaly
Those who weren't smoking because it was illegal won't drive, because... you know... it's still illegal ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end